Janrain was founded in 2002 and in 2004 Founder Larry Drebes and a few engineers began working closely with the early proponents of the OpenID protocol to provide a simple way for companies to solve this problem.
Janrain, an Identity Cloud service provider, has built a culture that is a magnet for top talent – a culture where innovation, intellectual honesty, and team camaraderie are more than core values. Janrain created the category it operates in; which positions it to be the largest digital identity network in the world. If you are “people” who have an insatiable appetite for success with the greater team in mind, you need to talk to us.
Janrain powers customer identity management for brands like Pfizer, AMC, Samsung, Whole Foods, Fox News, Philips, Marvel, Mattel and Dr. Pepper. Founded in 2002, Janrain is based in Portland, Oregon, with offices in London, Paris, Frankfurt, and Redwood City, California.
Curious about our name? It was a characteristically rainy January in Portland when Larry decided to turn his vision into what we call Janrain today.
Facts about Janrain
- Built the ecosystem for leveraging portable identities via OpenID and served as a founding member of the OpenID Foundation
- First company to make social login possible using an existing identity from providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and more
- First company to offer social login for mobile devices
- First company to offer a database to collect, manage and leverage customer profile data
- First company to introduce a comprehensive SaaS-based user registration solution
- Co-authored the Backplane Protocol specification, an open standard to seamlessly connect applications and widgets for data sharing
- First company to unify social profile data, online behaviors, third-party application data and offline information in a single platform
- First company to launch a vibrant ecosystem of technology integrations and promote interoperability of social data with leading email marketing, commenting, game mechanics, CRM, CMS, eCommerce and data management platform vendors