The Thomas Cook Group is the oldest and best known name in leisure travel with a history of innovation that started in 1841. Then Company is proud to serve the 19 million customers who chose to travel with TC each year and, are focused on transforming their business so that they can serve even more customers in ways that deliver better holiday dreams.
Thomas Cook is supported by 21,813 employees and operates from 15 source markets; it’s a leading company(by revenue) in all its core domains. Thomas Cook Group plcʼs shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The Companyʼs very essence is to deliver inspiring personal journeys as the trusted pioneer in global travel. The core of our strategy is to deliver a high-tech, high-touch approach and being there for their customers wherever, whenever and however they want to connect with Company. TC Group is building the capability to support personalized customer interaction through micro-segmentation, social media integration, and powerful recommendation analytics.
On behalf of Thomas Cook, we are looking for Technical (API) QA Engineer to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
As an Technical (API) QA Engineer you will be part of a digital Scrum team involved in designing and building Web applications that scale to millions of customers, billions of pounds in revenue and thousands of requests per millisecond.
As an Technical (API) QA Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Test Planning for manual and automation activities;
- Test Analysis, Design, Execution, Reporting;
- Documentation Review;
- Automation on API level (TypeScript / Java);
- Participation in process improvement, adopting new tools and technologies, implementing best practices.
- Experience in both manual and automation testing of web applications and API (1+ year);
- Hands-on experience with API automation testing, experience in working with API test automation framework;
- Good knowledge in one of the programming languages (OOP, design patterns) and desire to work with Typescript & Java;
- Experience of technical testing (e.g. reading logs, Postman, Web Developer Toolbar, Fiddler, mocking);
- Deep understanding of HTTP protocol and client-server architecture ;
- Work with VCS (Git);
- Understanding of CI (Jenkins, TeamCity etc.);
- Good understanding of Web technologies and concepts (HTML, CSS, JS, XML, JSON, SQL, MongoDB);
- Profound theoretical background in SQA methodology and process
- Experience in usage of Test Management tools (e.g. TestRail, Zephyr, TestLink);
- Experience in usage of defect tracking systems (preferably Jira);
- Upper intermediate spoken and written English.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development processes in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Experience of working with microservices;
- Experience with non-functional testing (e.g. performance, security);
- Experience working with e-commerce products.
- Quick learner;
- Excellent communication (both written & verbal) and interpersonal skills;
- Attention to details;
- Good problem-solving skills;
- Profound analytical skills;
- Proactive, results-oriented personality;
- Ability to prioritize personal workload.
What's in it for you
- Variety of knowledge sharing and training opportunities;
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client;
- Competitive salary;
- Career and professional growth;
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company;
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits;
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere, which creates really good working conditions.
Client video presentation