EDC is the oldest and largest estate chain in Denmark. The Group was established in 1971 and today more than 1500 employees contribute to maintaining that position. They cover today housing market for both private and business customers as well as a solid and growing holiday house rental business. The position open is for the team covering holiday houses, both the website for customers as well as a back-office solution for agencies.
The market shares of the Group on selling property is 22%. For the 7th year in a row the most visited website in Denmark in this market and this no. 1 position we want to maintain.
EDC aims to be "best-in-class" using new technological tools for their employees and customers. Not always first movers, but focus on those creating most value and loyalty.
On behalf of EDC, Ciklum is looking for an Agile Lead to join our Gdansk team on a full-time basis.
We are seeking to hire a profile with great Agile experience who will take a lead on securing deliveries and performance within our three development teams. As Agile Lead your main focus is to guide and coach the teams to be high-performing. You will work as Scrum Master in one team and at the same time lead the other Scrum Masters.
At EDC we work with Agile and Scrum within the IT Department; we work in two week sprints, conduct Scrum meetings, and aim to have empowered teams. At the same time we are however a part of a business where deadlines, hourly estimates, budgets, and time registration is very important.
As Agile Lead it will be your responsibility to balance the process of Agile methods with the need to comply to business structures. You will be expected to be able to report on the status of the sprints, and to assist with reporting of the development progress in projects. It is important that you are proactive and don’t mind pushing the teams when needed, to ensure that they comply with the required processes.
Our ideal Agile Lead has a deep knowledge of Agile and at the same time knows realities of big projects; has experience with different levels of reporting; has experience in being a full-time Scrum Master; knows in theory and practice how to help teams to become high-performing; and is a great communicator on different levels.
- Agile Lead for 3 development teams;
- Team Scrum Master in one team;
- Reporting status and progress and collaborating with the Head of the department;
- Ensure high performance within the teams;
- Ensure data discipline within the teams;
- Collaborate with the other team scrum masters and the development teams;
- Keep track of requirements and handle changes;
- Manage risks and opportunities for team deliveries in time and with good quality;
- Initiate and drive improvements.
- 3+ years of experience in a Scrum Master/Agile Lead role;
- Experience in working with multiple teams;
- Experience in managing expectations and providing reliable timeframes to stakeholders;
- Experience in managing dependencies between several teams;
- Agile mindset;
- Good knowledge & practical experience with Scrum methodology;
- Understanding of scaled development and deployment process;
- Ability to work under pressure and with changing priorities;
- Perfect communication skills in both Polish and English;
- Good understanding of full range of SDLC;
- Development experience is not a must, but good technical knowledge in the area of SW; development is required.
The ideal candidate has these personal competences as part of his/her DNA:
- Result driven and self-organized;
- Accountability and proactivity;
- Readiness to take initiative, be responsible and act as a mentor for colleagues;
- Analytical skills;
- Team player with a “can-do” attitude;
- Capable of reasoning and thinking through problems;
- Strong communication skills (English written and oral).
What's in it for you
- An amazing work environment, where you can really make a difference;
- Interesting tasks, challenging your wit;
- A deluxe, modern office in the center of Gdańsk;
- Ergonomic and user-friendly equipment (laptops, 2 monitors, standing desks and Sitag® chairs);
- Private medical healthcare, fully covered by Ciklum, with a possibility to include your family;
- Fully covered life insurance – 100 000 PLN;
- Fully covered drug insurance – up to 2 000 PLN/year;
- Multisport card, 100% covered by Ciklum – Benefit Systems, Plus package;
- Parking space, 50% covered by Ciklum.