The Thomas Cook Group is the oldest and best known name in leisure travel with a history of innovation that started in 1841. Then Company is proud to serve the 19 million customers who chose to travel with TC each year and, are focused on transforming their business so that they can serve even more customers in ways that deliver better holiday dreams.
Thomas Cook is supported by 21,813 employees and operates from 15 source markets; it’s a leading company(by revenue) in all its core domains. Thomas Cook Group plcʼs shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The Companyʼs very essence is to deliver inspiring personal journeys as the trusted pioneer in global travel. The core of our strategy is to deliver a high-tech, high-touch approach and being there for their customers wherever, whenever and however they want to connect with Company. TC Group is building the capability to support personalized customer interaction through micro-segmentation, social media integration, and powerful recommendation analytics.
On behalf of Thomas Cook, Ciklum is looking for a API QA Engineer to join the Malaga team on a full-time basis. This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting Team that delivers a standard-bearing product within the travel industry.
As an API QA Engineer you will be part of a digital Scrum team involved in designing and building Web applications that scale to millions of customers, billions of pounds in revenue and thousands of requests per millisecond.
As an Technical (API) QA Engineer you will be responsible for:
• Test Planning for manual and automation activities;
• Requirements Analysis;
• Test Design, Execution, Reporting;
• Automation on API level (Java);
• Participation in process improvement, adopting new tools and technologies, implementing best practices.
- Experience in both manual and automation testing of web applications and API (1+ year);
- Hands-on experience with API automation testing, experience in working with API test automation framework;
- Good knowledge in one of the programming languages (OOP, design patterns) and desire to work with Java;
- Experience of technical testing (e.g. reading logs, Postman, Web Developer Toolbar, Fiddler, mocking);
- Deep understanding of HTTP protocol and client-server architecture;
- Work with VCS (Git);
- Understanding of CI (Jenkins, TeamCity etc.);
- Good understanding of Web technologies and concepts (HTML, CSS, JS, XML, JSON)
- Work with DB (SQL, MongoDB);
- Profound theoretical background in SQA methodology and process
- Experience in usage of Test Management tools (e.g. TestRail, Zephyr, TestLink);
- Experience in usage of defect tracking systems (preferably Jira);
- Upper intermediate spoken and written English;
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development processes in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience of working with microservices;
- Experience with non-functional testing (e.g. performance, security)
- Experience working with e-commerce products;
- Understanding of contract testing;
- Proactive, results-oriented personality;
- Good team-player;
- Quick learner;
- Excellent communication (both written & verbal) and interpersonal skills;
- Attention to details;
- Good problem-solving skills;
- Profound analytical skills;
- Ability to prioritize personal workload.
What's in it for you
- Ability to work on challenging, large project with complex high load e-commerce platform;
- State of the art, cool offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions;
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client;
- Competitive salary;
- Career and professional growth;
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company;
- Long-term employment with 23 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits.
Client video presentation