Ciklum is looking for an Application Architect to join our team full-time in Ukraine.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations worldwide.
About the role:
As an Application Architect, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for our Client. As an Hands-on Application Architect, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for the world leader in AI powered code completion, supporting more than 30 languages in 15 IDEs. Works tirelessly building the tools that help the dev community write twice the code, in half the time.Trusted by over 1 million developers around the globe and growing fast!
You wake up ready to chew through coding challenges. You effortlessly hop between languages like Node, Rust, Python and Kotlin just to keep from getting bored. You recognize the beauty and elegance in a perfectly written line of clean code. You know that vigorous debate with your teammates and rigorous testing are the key ingredients to success. You’re committed to the community and keeping things open source because in the end we’re doing all of this for them.
- Creates technical solution design as Architecture Decision Record to address software design challenges and ensure its implementation. That includes code-level integrations and complex logic algorithms
- Open to learning and working with various programming languages, frameworks and concepts including TS, Rust, Python, Java, React, open source
- Guides development workflow (reviews requirements, planning, highlights edge cases), defines and implements the engineering standards
We know that sometimes, you can’t tick every box. We would still love to hear from you if you think you’re a good fit!
- Software development:
- In-depth proficiency in building high-performance and secure solutions (Node is must )
- Experience in creating and executing the technological roadmap based on technical and business requirements
- Experience with data management, data integration and data transformation approaches
- Understanding of containerization and orchestration
- Understanding SDLC processes and their reasoning
- Use of complex queries and aggregations to databases (Postgres, Redis)
- Versatile approach to software engineering including diverse tech stack (React, Rust, Python + tell us what you can)
- Nice to have experience in R&D and LLMs API
- Excellent knowledge in Computer Science, Computing Theory:
- Architectural & Design Patterns
- Paradigm & Principles
- Database theory
- Code testing practices
- Successful cases in defining testing approaches (tools, types, metrics) and quality gates (SonarQube)
- Proficient experience in configuring monitoring
- Architect, design and develop custom solutions of project and program or operational scope (end-to-end: hardware, software, integration, security, etc. for the entire solution delivery life cycle)
- Ensures the team’s implementation of suggested architectural decisions
- Design complete Solution Architecture based on business, operational and technical analysis
- Write Technical and Application Specs based on collected catalogue of product requirements
- Hands-on experience with application CI/CD (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Practical experience with:
- Microservices and Serverless architecture
- Cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure) or Virtual Private Cloud
Your soft skills matter
- Communication is a key. You speak and write in English fluently. Capable to adjust the shape of your message based on audience.
- Following the “said and done” principle
- Accountability for the scope of the team’s work
- Proactive in efforts to deliver results according to expectations
- Suggesting new ideas, and looking for alternative solutions
- Eager to learn and grow: curios, keen to constant self-development
- Constantly improving own mastership
- Ability to express ideas, thoughts and questions simply, concisely and in a structured way
- Open feedback culture
- Clear communication of risks and consequences
- Effective teamwork organization
- Skilled in technical risks mitigation
- Orchestrating the delivery process improvements with the feedback-driven approach
- Taking active steps towards the team’s professional skills improvement
What's in it for you
- Care: your mental and physical health is our priority. We ensure comprehensive company-paid medical insurance, Mental Health programs, as well as financial and legal consultations
- Tailored education path: boost your skills and knowledge with our regular internal events (meetups, conferences, workshops), Udemy licence, language courses and company-paid certifications
- Growth environment: share your experience and level up your expertise with a community of skilled professionals, locally and globally
- Flexibility: choose how you want to work – a 100% remote or on-site in our offices. Own your schedule – you are the one to decide when to start your working day. Just don’t miss your regular team stand-up
- Opportunities: we value our specialists and always find the best options for them. Our Internal Mobility Program helps change a project if needed to help you grow, excel professionally and fulfil your potential
- Global impact: work on large-scale projects that redefine industries with international and fast-growing clients
- Welcoming environment: feel empowered with a friendly team, open-door policy, informal atmosphere within the company and regular team-building events
Discover the pros of 20-year global experience! Join one of the largest IT companies in Ukraine, awarded as one of the top 10 employers in Ukraine by Forbes.
Boost your skills and make a difference with cutting-edge projects, skilled colleagues and the latest tech stacks.
Ciklum has been recognised as a veteran-friendly business by the Veteran Hub in Ukraine.
We’re committed to creating a welcoming environment for veterans and developing processes that meet their needs. We value the skills and unique perspectives military veterans can bring to our business and are willing to support their transition to civilian life.
Be bold, not bored!
Interested already? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.