The Thomas Cook Group is the oldest and best known name in leisure travel with a history of innovation that started in 1841. Then Company is proud to serve the 19 million customers who chose to travel with TC each year and, are focused on transforming their business so that they can serve even more customers in ways that deliver better holiday dreams.
Thomas Cook is supported by 21,813 employees and operates from 15 source markets; it’s a leading company(by revenue) in all its core domains. Thomas Cook Group plcʼs shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The Companyʼs very essence is to deliver inspiring personal journeys as the trusted pioneer in global travel. The core of our strategy is to deliver a high-tech, high-touch approach and being there for their customers wherever, whenever and however they want to connect with Company. TC Group is building the capability to support personalized customer interaction through micro-segmentation, social media integration, and powerful recommendation analytics.
On behalf of Thomas Cook, Ciklum is looking for Application Architect to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
As an Application Architect you will take proactive part is establishing standards and best practices in Thomas Cook digital platform and beyond. Take part if the migration project from Rackspace into AWS.
- Lead AWS migration project, build the guidelines and roadmap for cloud migration
- Set up standards for Cloud Migration and Microservice architecture
- Design improvements for the IaaC for both the new (AWS, Terraform) and the old components (Chef)
- Help deliver great software product adhering to agile software engineering practices (e.g., DRY principles, TDD, continuous integration, automated tests, etc.)
- Providing mentorship to other developers in feature teams
- Communication and orchestration with the rest of delivery teams and leadsерщьthom
- Champion agile values and to keep driving through continual improvement
- Help teams meet professithomasonal challenges, advice on best approaches, facilitate knowledge sharing across the teams
- Demonstrate technical excellence and leadership by example to ensure quality first mindset, simple architecture and highest code quality standards are welcomed and supported
- Share knowledge with other developers (and beyond), help advance Thomas Cook technical culture through presentations and other social initiatives
- Proven experience delivering as an Application Architect role
- Proven experience with Cloud Native applications and Cloud Deployments (preferably AWS-based)
- Solid understanding of both and hands-on experience of at least one of our backend stacks: Java 8+ (Spring Boot 2.X, Spring Data, Hibernate), Node.js (expressjs, hapi, mongoose, PM2)
- Understanding and experience with Enterprise Integration patterns
- Hands-on experience with Docker and containerization scheduling and management frameworks (ECS/k8s)
- Testing: TDD/BDD (JUnit, TestNG, mockito, wiremock, mocha, jasmine, etc)
- Experience with logging tools like ELK to provide auditing of platforms and tools for application teams to use
- Knowledge of security frameworks to produce secure platforms for protected data ready for GDPR and other global requirements
- Experience with SaaS monitoring tools/APMs (New Relic, Datadog, Dynatrace or similar)
- Very strong knowledge of technology solutions and technical platforms and an ability to translate this knowledge into practical design guidelines
- DBs: MySQL, MongoDB
- Others: maven, npm, Git, jenkins, sonar
- Fluent English
- Core understanding of SPA frameworks (Angular)
- Willingness to pass AWS Solution Architect Associate exam
- Experience with ESB platforms (preferably Mule ESB)
- Good attitude to work with multiple people in an international environment
- Persistent focus on practical deliverables in a high-velocity and high-availability environment
- Enjoys and gets energized by complex problem solving and ability to push the innovation on solutions
- Excellent personal and communication skills with the ability to influence senior business, developers and IT executives on agile quality culture and best practices
What's in it for you
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client;
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities;
- Competitive salary;
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions.
Client video presentation