On behalf of NOW: Pension, Ciklum is looking for an Application Maintenance Engineer to join Malaga team on a full-time basis.
The mission of NOW: Pension is to build trust in an uncertain world by fighting for a robust financial system and a fair pension system that benefit everyone. They aim to achieve this by providing security and helping people achieve better, more secure financial outcomes in a realistic and responsible way.
At NOW: Pensions they pride their selves on offering a high quality and high performing workplace pension that is simple and straightforward at low cost.
They always put their customers at the heart of everything they do and make it their priority to ensure that their customers get the most value for their money.
They want to establish long term relationships by ensuring that their proposition delivers on its promises today and well into the future.
The Company’s values are summarised as follows:
- Accountability: They take ownership of, and are personally accountable for, all our actions. They embrace their mistakes and learn from them as part of their continuous improvement ethos
- Honesty: They are not afraid to challenge the status quo. They are true to their word and deliver on their promises
- Innovation: They are passionate about progress and creating a better future. They encourage creative thinking and they are always looking for better ways to do things
- Teamwork: They always bring solutions not problems and they foster a culture of knowledge sharing
- Thoughtfulness: They are considerate and respectful of their colleagues. They put them selves in the shoes of the customer when making decisions that may affect them
As an Application Maintenance Engineer, you will join their Engineering team, reporting directly into the Head of Engineering Delivery.
It’s an exciting time to be joining NOW: Pensions as they are entering the next phase of their journey looking at how they continue to change the face of the pensions industry.
- Providing software application support
- Performing analyses on software application functionality and suggesting improvements
- Ensuring effective front end and back end functionality of applications
- Consulting with the software development team, internal users, and clients to improve application performance
- Managing code migration across environments to ensure continued and synchronized functionality
- Establishing the root causes of application errors and escalating serious concerns
- Documenting processes and monitoring application performance metrics
- Providing front-end support to clients and colleagues in other departments
- Improving efficiency of existing processes
- 2+ years of commercial experience in an Application Support role
- Excellent written and verbal communication, problem solving and analytical skills
- Skilled individual with full software development life-cycle experience, and excellent demonstrable knowledge of Java fundamentals
- Experience of SQL including writing and running queries
- Positive proactive attitude, willing to turn their hand to any problem, and willing to work things out when they fall outside their area of direct expertise
- Eager to work as a member of a team and pitch in to ensure the team succeeds with its commitments
- An interest in expanding your horizons and learning new skills as well as caring about doing things well
- Demonstrable experience of working to deadlines & SLA’s
- Demonstrable experience of problem solving, analytical skills and ability to multi-task
- Experience of Incident, Problem, and Change Management
- Demonstrate experience of being proactive, independent and being able to work effectively within teams
What's in it for you
- Ability to work on challenging, large project
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- Competitive salary
- Career and professional growth
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company
- Long-term employment with 23 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits