Automation QA Engineer (Java) for Encode (Kyiv)
Encode is a Danish SaaS vendor in the fast growing Marketing Technology (MarTech) space, delivering a software service for marketing planning and production to teams across brand owners, retailers and agencies with a mission to “make life easier — and more productive”.
The Product and Engineering Team is currently 14 strong and growing, with team members in Odense, Kiev, London and California. We follow agile methodologies in building our product and pay attention to user experience, performance at scale and delivering features that our customers and the market will love.
The product is in the active development stage but we are in process of re-designing our application from both the user experience and architecture perspectives.
On behalf of Encode, Ciklum is looking for Automation QA Engineer (Java) to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
The Product Development Team is currently 12 strong, with 8 people in Kiev and the others in Odense and London. We follow agile methodologies in building our product and pay attention to user experience, performance at scale and delivering features that our customers and the market will love.
Current tech stack: Java, React/Redux, Jest/Enzyme, GIT, Jira, Apache Tomcat, MySQL, REST API.
- To be a member of Agile team and participate in all phases of specification, estimation,
- development and quality assurance.
- Designing and writing automated Acceptance and Regression tests for all feature development.
- Participate in manual functional and non-functional testing when needed, using best suitable testing techniques.
- Help with manual Regression testing when needed. Analyzing areas of the system
- affected during the development phases in order to get better and optimized test coverage.
- Participation in requirements clarification, including collaborating with client, developers and other involved persons
- 2-3 year hands-on experience automated web GUI tests
- Experience with Jenkins, Selenium, Gherkin (Cucumber) and Java
- Experience with load/performance testing using Browserstack or similar services
- Experience with automated testing RESTfull JSON endpoints
- Experience with OWASP ZAP security scans and including such Security tools into the test suites
- Experience in generating reports and graphic representations of the test results
- BSc in Computer Science
- At least intermediate level of English skills
- Proactive reacting on problems and seeing solutions instead of problems.
- Curious with regards to new technologies and willing to spend own time improving skills
- Highly productive and almost a perfectionist with regards to quality of own code and own tests
- Sporty, happy, geeky
What's in it for you
We’re constantly striving to ensure that we offer the most encouraging, supportive and efficient environment possible. We want everyone on the team to be empowered to influence our architectural decisions. The whole team is involved in prioritising and evaluating our releases.
- Great team and friendly environment
- Challenging tasks
- Lack of bureaucracy
- Medical insurance
- Competitive salary