On behalf of Stibo Systems, Ciklum is looking for a Back End Developer to join our team on a full-time basis.
Would you like to develop software and deliver business value for some of the largest enterprises across the globe? Join a passionate team and company where success is measured against the success of our growing base of customers.
About the team:
The PDX team is a dedicated, autonomous group of developers within Stibo Systems, and we consist of 25 development resources split between the development offices in Denmark and Poland, and a similar sized group of business people. As a small generic development team, we can discuss and implement the technologies we consider suitable – and we are open to your ideas. The product is a multi-tenant cloud native platform for product data syndication, where vendors and retailers effortlessly can exchange detailed product information. We are working with large multi-dimensional data sets, and complex meta-specified data models, which means that we have interesting algorithmic problems to solve.
“Microservice architecture, infrastructure as code, continuous delivery, NoSQL databases, event queues – sounds like a developing environment you would like to join? In the Stibo Systems PDX team we aim to make use of the most relevant technology available to create well-built, sustainable solutions” says Casper Voldstedlund, Section Manager, Research & Development.
We are expanding and therefore searching for 4-5 additional backend developers for our PDX team. We are offering a challenging job where you get the opportunity to make a difference. The environment is professionally motivating and offers great chances for personal development. You will get the possibility to work in a team where the well-being and professional development of each employee is vital.
Furthermore you will:
- Be working in close cooperation with the product owner, UX designer, R&D Architect and the development team
- You will be working on developing new features, maturing our platform and maybe helping out with devops related tasks
Technologies we use:
We develop the microservices using Java 11, Spring Boot 2, and Spring Cloud, where we define, generate, and document the APIs using Swagger. We build with Gradle, and provision using Terraform, Ansible, and Python. The solution is running in AWS using Docker containers.
Besides that, we use technologies like:
- Database: RIAK
- Searching: Elasticsearch
- Event queue: Kafka
- Monitoring: Humio, Jäger, Prometheus
- Continuous integration: Jenkins Pipelines
- Source control: Bitbucket/git
- UI: Angular and TypeScript
We work in Scrum teams with dedicated front-end, back-end, DevOps, and QA responsibilities. However, we do prefer a good understanding of the other roles, and we expect most back-end developers to be able to participate in DevOps tasks.
The ideal candidate should have a positive attitude and pro-active approach focused on options and opportunities. You should be a team player, but at the same time be able to work independently. You should strive to solve the tasks you are given, but not be too proud to reach out for help.
- You must have an analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills
- You can focus and drive results both as a team player as well as an individual
- You must have hunger to learn and keep yourself updated with emerging trends
- English business language proficiency is a must
- Hold a master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
What's in it for you
- Career growth opportunities
- Realization of your innovative ideas in building new Ciklum Solutions and Services
- Friendly collaborative teams and enjoyable working environment
- Professional skills development and training programs
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions Gdansk or Wroclaw
- Work from home/100% remote
- Private medical healthcare fully covered by Ciklum with a possibility to cover family members
- Fully covered life insurance – 100 000 PLN
- Fully covered drug insurance – up to 2 000 PLN/year
- Multisport card 100% covered by Ciklum – Benefit Systems, Plus package
- Parking space 50% covered by Ciklum