Seeking Alpha is the market leader for crowdsourced equity research in the USA. We employ 150+ people across its operations in New York, Israel and India.
The company is the premier website for actionable stock market opinion and analysis, and vibrant, intelligent finance discussion. Each month our crowdsource investment analysis draws an audience of 5.2MM+ monthly visitors to our real-time alerts products on email and mobile.
We handpick articles from the world’s top market blogs, money managers, financial experts and investment newsletters, publishing 500 unique article and news updates daily. The company gives a voice to over 5.5MM registered users, including 12,000+ contributors and individuals averaging 130,000+ comments a month, providing access to the nation’s savviest and inquisitive investors.
Our site is the only free, online source for over 5,000 public companies’ quarterly earnings call transcripts, including the S&P 500. The company was named the Most Informative Website by Kiplinger’s Magazine and has received Forbes’ ‘Best of the Web’ Award.
On behalf of Seeking Alpha, Ciklum is looking for a Back End Team Lead (Ruby on Rails) to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
- Lead and mentor a team of talented backend engineers in a zero-downtime environment where code is deployed multiple times a day
- Own and lead new feature development, automation, testing and bug management
- Collaborate with projects managers, participate in design and planning discussions, contribute architecture ideas
- Write highly scalable, reusable and testable code
- Analyze and optimize existing codebase for maximum speed and performance
- 2+ years of proven experience in engineering management roles
- 5+ years of back-end development experience in building large, complex, highly scalable web applications using Ruby on Rails framework
- Expert understanding of Ruby syntax, its nuances and core concepts. Ability to write clean, readable and scalable code
- Solid knowledge of database technologies (MySQL, ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL, Redis, etc.)
- Deep understanding of the HTTP protocol and networking
- Proven knowledge of server-side architecture best practices, design patterns and data structures
- Ability to grasp new languages, systems and frameworks fast
- Knowledge of Agile principles, open-source ecosystem, Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with Cloud computing technologies and environments (AWS)
- Experience building complex API systems
- Good analytical skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined, goal-driven
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
- Problem-solving mindset
- Good communication skills
What's in it for you
- Very close cooperation with client
- Dynamic and challenging tasks
- Team of professionals: learn from colleagues and gain recognition of your skills
- Low bureaucracy, European management style