The Thomas Cook Group is the oldest and best known name in leisure travel with a history of innovation that started in 1841. Then Company is proud to serve the 19 million customers who chose to travel with TC each year and, are focused on transforming their business so that they can serve even more customers in ways that deliver better holiday dreams.
Thomas Cook is supported by 21,813 employees and operates from 15 source markets; it’s a leading company(by revenue) in all its core domains. Thomas Cook Group plcʼs shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The Companyʼs very essence is to deliver inspiring personal journeys as the trusted pioneer in global travel. The core of our strategy is to deliver a high-tech, high-touch approach and being there for their customers wherever, whenever and however they want to connect with Company. TC Group is building the capability to support personalized customer interaction through micro-segmentation, social media integration, and powerful recommendation analytics.
On behalf of Thomas Cook, Ciklum is looking for a Backend Developer to join the Malaga team on a full-time basis. We are looking for Java developers who want to move towards Functional Programming.
The primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to incoming requests. You will be responsible for providing stable, flexible backend solution for our frontend and integrate it with other backend systems.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to learn about frontend technologies and grow as a Fullstack Developer.
Our project tech stack:
- Webpack, Babel, Jest, Cypress
- AWS Cloud
This role will contribute on technical implementation of solutions for the Thomas Cook Money business. We will redefine together the future of Banking with Cards, Insurance, Loyalty across markets and channels (web, mobile and integration). Working with the Chief Architect & team leads, the jobholder will ensure that solutions are functionality delivered, for both applications and infrastructure meets the business needs and comply with technical policies and architectures.
- Build reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Testing the output of your own work prior to handing over for independent testing
- Documents the low-level design of the developed solution from a maintainability and supportability perspective
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Participating in all necessary quality assurance work required to ensure the delivered products are truly fit for the purpose
- Ensure code quality by testing the deployable solution, working closely with the test automation person
- Reviewing code and providing mentorship to other developers in agile team
- Grow your skills and share your knowledge with other developers
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Knowledge of Functional Programming concepts
- Experience in building RESTful web services
- Experience with HTTP frameworks
- Experience with build tools, code coverage and testing frameworks
- Experience using debugging, profiling and performance measuring tools
- Familiarity with the SQL and NoSQL databases
- Good general technical understanding of Docker and container ecosystem
- Experience in using of CI and CD environments and tools (Jenkins, CodePipeline, CloudFormation)
- Experience with Git
- Understanding of technical approaches and platforms and an ability to translate it into working solutions
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Collaborative nature and ability to work within a team
- Good personal organisation skills, ability to prioritise and focus
What's in it for you
- Possibility to grow professionally as a Backend / FullStack Developer
- Ability to work on challenging, large projects with complex high load platform
- State of the art, cool offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Competitive salary
- Career and professional growth
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company
- Long-term employment with 23 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
Client video presentation