Backend Spring Developer for InfoSuite A/S (Kharkiv)
InfoSuite A/S develops, sells and implements Business Intelligence and Budgeting solutions for medium-sized companies in Denmark as well as internationally. InfoSuite headquarter is placed in Denmark. For more than 25 years, InfoSuite has delivered intelligent information for several thousand daily users. Our customers operate within a number of industries such as retail, distribution, manufacturing, utility, insurance and service.
On behalf of InfoSuite A/S, Ciklum is looking for an experienced Backend Spring Developer to join the Kharkiv team on a full-time basis.
This job you offers you a unique opportunity to be able to participate and lead the implementation effort of introducing Spring as the main server tech-stack for multiple distributed components, designing, building and injecting it into an existing legacy platform. You’ll become part of a strong, stable and highly skilled team of 9 passionate developers and testers located in Denmark, Kiev and Kharkov offices.
In this job you will be given unique opportunity to lead the implementation effort of transitioning from a custom and proprietary server tech-stack to a state-of-the-art Spring based tech stack. As this transition is in its infancy you’ll be a key player in this transition. Main responsibility will be to cover introduction and using of Spring Boot, Spring Security and Spring MVC into InfoSuite server side components, including replacing and extending current implementation. This requires deep knowledge and experience with use of these components of Spring, including the ability to introduce the new architecture to onboard full stack developers, but also sufficient experience from previous jobs, so that existing architecture can be analyzed and a transition plan can be described to product owner.
Also this is an exciting and unique opportunity to become part of a strong, stable and highly skilled team that develops a business intelligence platform covering the entire application stack, from database to frontend, using a wide spanning tech stack.
- Architect, design and implement Spring Boot based backend
- Replace and extend existing server modules with Spring based approaches successively;
- Define and describe test cases for software developed;
- Participate in code reviews as both reviewer and reviewee;
- Be business oriented and be able to mitigate understanding of business requirements.
- Significant experience with the Spring ecosystem and with developing on this platform
- Specifically experience with the Spring Boot, Security, MVC and Data
- Experience with designing REST APIs
- Experience with developed in and for distributed and multithreaded application environments;
- Strong analytic skills and ability to think express and discuss ideas at high level;
- Experience with Gradle and CI setups, preferably Jenkins
- Experience with relational DB modelling and SQL
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written;
- Academic IT education on at least bachelor level in Computer Science or Engineering;
- Familiarity with agile development frameworks;
- Strong interest in new technologies is a prerequisite for this position.
- Fundamental understanding of Business Intelligence domain
- Familiarity with web development using React or JQuery
- Familiarity with desktop application development, incl. JavaFX or Swing
- Working well autonomously, without close supervision, readiness to take responsibility;
- Acting as a Team player and having highly developed communication skills, both toward co-programmers and project manager;
- Being committed to timely delivery of quality results;
- Being innovative in his/her work;
- Knowledge seeking, updated with regards to latest trends and technological directions in general;
- Documenting own code and general functionality.
What's in it for you
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client;
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities;
- Long term employment, with significant influence on own tasks
- Salary that matches qualifications;
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere, which creates very good working conditions.