Aller Holding A/S early began to publish magazines in both Norway and Sweden. Aller Media AB (previously Svenska Aller AB) was founded in 1894 followed by Aller Media AS (previously Norsk Aller AS) in 1897. In 1992 publication in Finland began with the foundation of Aller Media OY (previously Aller Julkaisut OY).
Today Aller Holding A/S appears as the parent company of a modern media group, which is the leading publisher of weeklies in the Nordic countries with its weekly circulation of approximately 2,7 mio. issues. Today the 5th generation is running the company.
DB Medialab is the digital arm of Norway’s second largest tabloid newspaper, Dagbladet, reaching 1.4 million Norwegians every day on all platforms. We also run several other digital services and sites, including dbtv.no, Pressfire.no, Kjendis.no, 123spill.no and Se.no.
Our aim is for the Ukraine team to over time become an integral part of DB Medialab, and should be involved in the creative and strategic planning as well as technical processes. We see this as a long-term collaboration, and are looking for committed and passionate developers who pride themselves on being up-to-date on new technology.
On behalf of Aller Media, Ciklum is looking for a BI Specialist to join the Odessa team on a full-time basis.
You will be working on the company’s data platform, which is built on Google Cloud and collects and stores over 200 GB of data per day. This role is truly cross-functional, as you will work closely with developers, Data Engineers, and key stakeholders to better understand and utilize the data we collect.
- Using data to provide insights and analysis to the company
- Design, implementation and maintenance of data visualizations
- Continually improve the quality, robustness, and speed of dashboards and reports
- Interacts with engineering team and ensures that solutions meet customer requirements in terms of functionality, performance, availability, scalability, and reliability
- Experience within Business Intelligence or Data Science field with a focus on Data Visualization
- Experience with Data Visualization tool – Power BI. Other BI tools will be considered a plus (Qlik Sense, Tableau or DOMO)
- Extensive experience in data transformation through PowerBI Query Editor
- SQL skills including combining, sorting, aggregating data
- Experience in debugging and resolving errors in existing queries
- Good understanding of query performance and optimization
- Upper-Intermediate or Advanced English
- Experience with Google BigQuery
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Good analytical skills and inclination for problem-solving
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and results oriented.
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
What's in it for you
- Friendly and driven team
- Competitive salary
- Lunch and Learn – meetings ones in few weeks where each team member can share some interesting thoughts/ideas with the team while having lunch
- Corporate Hackathons
- Access to the stakeholder – real feedback from the end users
- State of the art, cool offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Team buildings