Cloud DevOps Engineer
Ciklum is looking for a DevOps Developer to join our team full-time in Spain.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organizations worldwide.
About the role:
As a DevOps Developer, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for Our Client.
- Support engineer supporting, monitoring client software system technical infrastructure administration, application configuration, customization, security assurance
- Support engineer maintaining the application customization (e.g. tailoring the configuration, system kernel fine tuning), system hardening and security checks, disaster recovery planning and test, DDoS protection, doing planned system maintenance, upgrades and optimizations
- Reports and manages incidents according to the defined processes and SLA
- Support Engineer to perform a remote diagnosis and, where possible, correction of faults using the software management software
- Support Engineer to perform scheduled, planned and on-demand tasks based on 24/7 schedule
- Perform routine tasks to maintain/run all application components and services
- Monitor critical services (creation of new monitoring, enhancement and optimisation)
- Manage application performance monitoring/management tools
- Support business settlement function, including monitoring of settlement submission and troubleshooting rejections and delivery failures.
- Perform regular application maintenance (indexing, service recycling, restarts)
- Regular security and vulnerability patching
- Complete high volume of business requests/tickets (queries, customer requirements, requests for change)
- Post-change testing and validation
- Server patching
- Help implement infrastructure to support guest operating system uptime in excess of 99.97% based on guidance and instructions
- Monitor all Infrastructure events including server operating parameters
- Assist in deploying environments to support specific application requirements
- Analyze and forecast environment loading to ensure sufficient storage and compute to support required performance etc.
- Provide network communication platform for Client internal systems, applications and infrastructure, as well as connectivity to the systems, applications and infrastructure of the Service Providers that is used to provide the different services
- Design, implement, manage and monitor connectivity for Client systems (infrastructure and application components), the Service Providers’ internal systems (infrastructure and application components) and external entities (client customers, third party acquirers and other 3rd parties) in accordance with framework and standards established
Maintain and improve, plan and perform planned, regular and on-demand tasks/support for the client’s services, in-house app, infrastructure, network as follows:
- Linux servers
- Application servers (Tomcat, Glassfish, JDK)
- X509 certificates
- Storage spaces
- Support infrastructure (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Bitbucket, DB, servers)
- Network infrastructure
- VPN connection for customer
- User accounts and SSH keys
- Support test environment (three servers, Linuxcontainers on perth2 machine)
- Multiple AWS accounts
- Monitoring application and DB, analyze performance, data structure – indexes, constraints, queries, …)
- AWS services
- RDS (PostgreSQL)
- ElastiCache (Redis)
- VPC and network infrastructure (Internet gateway, security groups, subnets, roles …)
- Elastic file system
- Route 53
- AWS backup
- Good knowledge of Linux (currently Ubuntu 18 installed). Understand users, groups, file permissions, networking, scripting, inspecting processes, starting/stopping processes, checking consumed resources (for example memory, CPU, disk space)
- Application servers Glassfish 4 and Tomcat 9 administration, troubleshooting, deploying apps
- PostgreSQL – monitoring, SQL queries
- Apache WEB server
- E-Mail processing (Postfix)
- Knowledge how to use SSH
- Infrastructure description (in short)
- 2 EC2 instances running Apache server
- 3 EC2 instances as application servers (running Glassfish and Tomcat)
- 1 EC2 instance for batch jobs (running Glassfish and shell scripts)
What's in it for you
- Global impact: work on large-scale projects that redefine industries with international and fast-growing clients
- Welcoming environment: feel empowered with a friendly team, open-door policy, informal atmosphere within the company and regular team-building events
- Flexibility: hybrid & 100% remote work opportunities, flexible work schedule
- Work-life: 23 vacation days & short Fridays
- Health: comprehensive company-paid medical insurance & 4 additional undocumented sick leave days
- Tailored education path: regular internal events (meetups, conferences, workshops), language courses and company-paid certifications
- Growth environment: share your experience and level up your expertise with a community of skilled professionals, locally and globally
- Opportunities: our Internal Mobility Program helps change a project if needed to help you grow, excel professionally and fulfil your potential
Our Delivery Center in Malaga is one of the leading IT hubs in Andalusia – it provides an exceptional mix of vibrant tech talent community, wide-open access to learning and career advancement opportunities, hybrid / remote work setup & endless Mediterranean seashore summer.
Be bold, not bored!
Interested already? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.