Swisscom is the market leader in driving the digitization of Switzerland’s business. It offers all-embracing ICT solutions from mobile communications, fixed networks, Internet and digital TV to corporate and residential customers. Swisscom is also one of Switzerland’s largest providers of IT services. It builds and maintains infrastructure for mobile and fixed-line telephony, transmits broadcasting signals and is active in the energy and healthcare sectors.
Swisscom is one of the most sustainable companies in Switzerland and Europe. With its headquarters in the area of Berne and over 21,000 employees, it generated turnover of CHF 2,831 million in the first Quarter of 2017.
On behalf of Swisscom, Ciklum is looking for a Cloud Engineer with Linux to join Wroclaw team on a full-time basis.
It’s an exciting and unique opportunity to become an active part in digitalizing our world and join our SAP outsourcing operation team at Switzerland’s leading IT & telecommunication company.
What does working for SAP Basis Outsourcing Operation team for Swisscom mean?
- 100 customers are served and around 1000 systems are supervised for the moment being
- 1000 tickets in average per month are received (monitoring alerts and customer incidents)
- Full outsourcing of customers` systems is maintained
- All that happening in heteroclite customer environments (diverse OS/DB/SAP product combinations)
- As a member of our operation team you play an important role in ensuring the customer’s systems stability and performance
- You are responsible for the appropriate and timely handling of incidents
- University/ Higher degree in engineering, computer science, information systems or related field
- Fluent conversational English
- Good level of German is a big plus
- More than 3 years practical experience in Azure system operations in a heterogeneous environment with various databases and the latest Linux Operating Systems
- Manage Microsoft Azure IaaS deployment scenarios (Compute, RAM, Storage, Networking requirements) for SAP workloads.
- Experience in IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS virtualization infrastructure deployments.
- Involved in designing and deploying applications utilizing Azure IaaS Blueprints.
- Deployed and supported Azure VMs architecture scenarios.
- Experience with Route Configuration (Cloud) between different regions
- Create snapshots and Azure VM images of instances for backup and creating clone instances.
- Familiarity with Azure Availability Sets and Azure Availability Zones. Able to deploy Availability Sets / Zones based on High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) requirements.
- Worked on escalated tasks related to interconnectivity issues and complex cloud-based identity management and user authentication, service interruptions with Virtual Machines (their host nodes) and associated virtual storage (Blobs, Tables, Queues).
- You are ready to take responsibility and prioritize tasks, as well as to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly
- You work well autonomously and without close supervision
- You act as a team player
- You express highly developed communication skills, both toward team colleagues, clients, as well as other stakeholders
- You are committed to timely delivery of quality results
- You are willing to work in an international/cross-cultural environment
What's in it for you
- Unique & highly advanced work environment where you can take an active part in progressing digitization;
- Possibility to work in world-known, successful and highly innovative company;
- Immensely interesting work that keeps you up to date with the newest trends and SAP technologies
- State of the art, cool, centrally located office at BC SkyTower with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions;
- Fully covered life insurance – 100 000 PLN;
- Fully covered drug insurance – up to 2 000 PLN/year;
- Multisport card, 100% covered by Ciklum – Benefit Systems, Plus package.