Ciklum is looking for a CloudOps Manager to join our team full-time in Romania.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations worldwide.
At the core of Ciklum is an emphasis on product engineering excellence. Our product engineering teams specialize in designing, building, and continuously improving innovative digital products and services. We work closely with clients through every stage of the product life cycle. We utilize proven frameworks like Jobs-to-be-Done, Design Thinking, and Lean Startup to quickly validate product-market fit, scale agile teams, and leveraging data insights to refine the customer experience and build products users love.
Ciklum’s product engineering expertise spans web, mobile, IoT, AI, AR/VR and other emerging technologies. Ciklum has a strong focus on the intersection of Customer Experience, Product Engineering & AI.
At Ciklum, we are committed to growing top specialist talent worldwide, providing challenging projects and opportunities to gain new skills in a collaborative environment.
About the role:
As a CloudOps Manager, become a part of to join our strong and professional team in our Central Eastern Europe delivery center.
We are seeking a skilled and seasoned professional who is enthusiastic about taking the lead in guiding a proficient CloudOps team. Your primary responsibilities will include implementing, and launching an infrastructure and technology operations strategy that aligns with the business requirements for customer commitments, service levels, key performance indicators, resilience, capacity management, service delivery and key delivery metrics (time to respond / time to fix, etc.).
The CloudOps Manager will support our Customers cloud infrastructure, work on deployment and maintenance tasks, and manage our Cloud Ops team to ensure optimal performance, scalability, and security of those cloud resources.
- Planning and implementing IT Service Management processes, conducting IT service quality assurance, monitoring and analyzing performance issues
- Establishing monitoring of SLA’s and enabling delivery of reports to customers
- Supporting IT governance and audit requirements (PCI QSA for example)
- Deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems on [AWS/Azure/GCP/Other]
- Being a contact for our customers in the field of responsibility
- Organizing and taking part in customer regular meetings together with Delivery and Account Manager
- Implement and control the flow of data to and from the cloud
- Work with DevOps teams to automate and streamline operations and processes
- Troubleshoot and resolve cloud-related issues in coordination with the IT and engineering teams
- Monitor cloud infrastructure and applications using tools such as [CloudWatch, New Relic, Datadog, etc.]
- Manage and participate in on-call rotations and provide after-hours support as needed
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in cloud technologies and best practices
- Contribute to documentation, including creating and updating system diagrams, operational procedures, and troubleshooting guides
- Ensure cloud-based systems meet compliance requirements (GDPR / PCI for example)
Client Facing Responsibilities
- Acting as a leader on a client account to drive product engineering excellence, provide outstanding client service
- Bachelor’s degree or other professional experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience with cloud platforms like [AWS/Azure/GCP/Other]
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools like Terraform or CloudFormation
- Proficiency with CI/CD tools and methodologies
- Solid understanding of cloud concepts (e.g., virtualization, containerization, serverless, networking, security)
- Proficiency with cloud services and cloud deployment models
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Bash, or PowerShell
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think on your feet
- Comprehensive understanding of ITIL and ITSM practices and processes
- ITIL certification is a plus
- Experience with service management tools
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- A genuine passion for technology and continuous learning
- Certifications in [AWS/Azure/GCP/Other] will be a plus
- Proven Team leadership and mentoring to drive a results driven and service improvement culture
What's in it for you
- Care: your mental and physical health is our priority. We ensure comprehensive company-paid medical insurance and Mental Health programs. We also provide you with meal vouchers to fuel your mind and body
- Development as a mindset: every month, you can spend half of the day (paid hours) on hands-on exercises and your skills development
- Tailored education path: boost your skills and knowledge with our regular internal events (meetups, conferences, workshops), Pluralsight licences, language courses and company-paid certifications
- Growth environment: share your experience and level up your expertise with a community of skilled professionals, locally and globally
- Flexibility: choose how you want to work – a 100% remote or on-site in Bucharest. Own your schedule – you are the one to decide when to start your working day. Just don’t miss your regular team stand-up
- Opportunities: we value our specialists and always find the best options for them
- Our Internal Mobility Program helps change a project if needed to help you grow, excel professionally and fulfil your potential
- Global impact: work on large-scale projects that redefine industries with international and fast-growing clients
- Welcoming environment: feel empowered with a friendly team, open-door policy, informal atmosphere within the company and regular team-building events
In Romania, we are represented by CN Group, a Ciklum company acquired in 2021. Seize global opportunities by working with us! Enjoy our 20+ years of experience in various domains, a caring attitude and incredible team spirit.
Together we will grow our business in Romania and globally!
Be bold, not bored!
Are you already interested? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.