The Thomas Cook Group is the oldest and best known name in leisure travel with a history of innovation that started in 1841. Then Company is proud to serve the 19 million customers who chose to travel with TC each year and, are focused on transforming their business so that they can serve even more customers in ways that deliver better holiday dreams.
Thomas Cook is supported by 21,813 employees and operates from 15 source markets; it’s a leading company(by revenue) in all its core domains. Thomas Cook Group plcʼs shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The Companyʼs very essence is to deliver inspiring personal journeys as the trusted pioneer in global travel. The core of our strategy is to deliver a high-tech, high-touch approach and being there for their customers wherever, whenever and however they want to connect with Company. TC Group is building the capability to support personalized customer interaction through micro-segmentation, social media integration, and powerful recommendation analytics.
On behalf of Thomas Cook, Ciklum is looking for a Data Analyst to join the Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
As a Data Analyst you will be responsible for helping to define the data content and attributes to be used in the IT architecture which will deliver the end-to-end processes for the TCM enterprise-wide ‘Big Data’ initiative. You will work between the lines of business and the data architects acting as the conduit for helping turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
Our Technology stack includes the core AWS components that will enable TCM to build a Data Lake in the cloud using AWS Big Data toolset.
This role will provide a centre of expertise and consultancy to the teams on data analysis for TCM lines of business as required by the commercial team across, Banking, Pre-Paid cards, Insurance, Loyalty and CRM and across markets and channels (web, mobile and integration).
The role will need to have proven practical experience of delivering data solutions (preferably on AWS Cloud based services)
- Work Enterprise-Wide to understand the required data content (input and output), while interpreting that data to help optimise the proposed Technical architecture and associated process flows
- Work with the appropriate members of the lines of business to ensure that the data is relevant and value-added to the enterprise
- Deliver the Data Modelling which will:
- Database design – organise the elements of the data and standardise how they relate to one another while maintaining their relevance to the business entities (defining the relational tables, primary and foreign keys and stored procedures as and if relevant)
- Establish the data entities, their attributes and their relationships
- Ensure mapping rules facilitate an appropriate data catalogue
- Help define and refine new and existing data collection and analysis processes
- Facilitate the interpretation of data, to allow for enhanced data analysis using AWS services
- Recommend data collection systems and strategies that optimise process efficiency and quality
- Ensure data from primary, secondary and tertiary data sources are included
- Ensure ongoing maintenance and update of data
Key performance indicators
- Deliver TCM enterprise-wide relational database capability (facilitating the TCM data catalogue)
- Enhance data quality to promote business decision making
- Facilitate end-to-end automation and self-service capability throughout the process
- Experience in Data Modelling & Analytics
- Experience with relational SQL databases, AWS Python (desirable) and ETL frameworks (desirable)
- Familiar with AWS Cloud based services (desirable)
- Strong coordination skills
- Persuasive communicator, able to make clear recommendations for
- Fin Tech / Payments industry Experience
- Have worked within a Travel
- Fluent in English
- Comfortable working in Scrum teams, understanding and helping to shape the product vision
- An eye for detail, strong logic and analytical skills, and the ability to document solutions
- Open-minded and ready for rapid changes
- Happy managing multiple stakeholder requirements (lines of business, product, marketing, finance, data architects etc)
- Championing and improving ways of working between the business and technology
What's in it for you
- Ability to work on challenging, large project with complex high load e-commerce platform
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- Competitive salary
- Career and professional growth
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
Client video presentation