Ciklum is a Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you'll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!
Ciklum is looking for a Data Architecture Lead to join Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
Ciklum Data & Analytics and A.I. team is continuing to grow and develop appropriate technology propositions aligned to market needs and demand, in particular in the space of Data and Analytics, AI and IoT.
We work collaboratively with all our client with a focus on the Retail, Financial Services, Telecommunications and Entertainment sectors. We assist our clients to enhance their ability to use and interpret modern technologies and data, and develop their own enhanced capabilities to support better decision making, along with regulatory compliance, within their business.
Our architects need the vision to articulate the big picture and the precision to see the smallest of details. Technology and information are the assets which enable this, and our data and analytics, AI and IoT practice provides innovative approaches to unlocking this value, solving many of our clients’ biggest challenges.
If you think you can meet the challenges of a focused technology organisation, understand how to grow and lead as an expert in a growing practice and work in the most complex of sectors our team is looking forward to hearing from you.
As an expert level Big Data Architect, you will design and architect Advanced Analytics and AI solutions utilising leading big data platforms and cloud technologies. Our current team is working on some of the latest technologies in the region using advanced analytics solutions such as AWS, Azure, GCP, Spark, Databricks, Cloudera etc.
- Architecting and designing Big Data platforms on cloud or on-premise
- Providing thought leadership to our clients on latest big data and analytics technologies
- Mentoring team members including junior architects and engineers
- Working in mixed discipline project teams to deliver tailored advice across a couple clients at a time
- Providing Architecture input to pre-sales activities
- Presenting and explaining Big Data Architecture technologies to senior client stakeholders
- 10 – 15 years industry experience in Data & Analytics with 5+ years’ experience in a similar role as a Solution Architect, Data Warehouse Architect or Big Data Architect
- Minimum 5 years of management consulting experience
- Experienced in architecting of Data Models, ETL processes, MDM and data governance solutions with capabilities, such as – Data Ingestion, Data Curation, Metadata and Catalog management, Data Security, Industrial data models and patterns (Star, Snowflake, Data Vault, Sandboxes, nested data models), Data Wrangling; strong understanding of MPP principles and CAP theorem
- Experienced in architecting and developing Data Management solutions, classic Data Warehouse / BI / Reporting, design and development Data Lakes on top of big data cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) using proper stack of technologies (HDFS, Spark, NiFi, Kafka, AKS; Azure Data Factory, Blob Storage, ADX, Synapse Analytics; AWS S3, Redshift, Glue, Athena; etc.)
- Strong understanding of modern data ingestion/curation/wrangling tools/technologies such as: Informatica suite (BDM, EDC, IDQ, PowerCenter, etc.), Talend suite, Alteryx, Streamsets, BI tools such as Tableau/Qlikview/PowerBI
- Understanding of BI/Reporting, Advanced Analytics, Data Science, AI/ML and Self-Service solutions through to warehouse design, sourcing and logical data models
- Strong in building data lifecycle management solutions including Data Lake, Data Warehouse, Data Marts, ODS, ELT and ETL, Stream/real-time/Batch processing, CDC, etc.
- Deep technical expertise with Big Data and Cloud technologies such as Hortonworks/ Cloudera, AWS, MS Azure, Google Cloud, Visualization Tools, NoSQL, Graph databases
- Understanding of different data modeling techniques such as Relational modeling, Dimensional modeling, Data Vault, etc.
- Strong communication, presentation, written and facilitation skills
- Superior critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interface with client at any level, executive to engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of professional experience
- Ability to travel ~25% (EU, UK and US)
- Good communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) in English and Ukrainian / Russian (optional, preferred)
- Experience of working in, or consulting, pre-sales into, Retail and Financial Services
- Knowledge and experience in end-to-end project delivery, either traditional SDLC or agile delivery methodologies (or hybrid approaches)
- Exceptional communication, documentation and presentation skills
What's in it for you
- Variety of knowledge sharing and training opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Career and professional growth
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
Client video presentation