On behalf of NOW: Pension, Ciklum is looking for a Data Engineer to join the Malaga team on a full-time basis.
The mission of NOW: Pension is to build trust in an uncertain world by fighting for a robust financial system and a fair pension system that benefit everyone. They aim to achieve this by providing security and helping people achieve better, more secure financial outcomes in a realistic and responsible way.
At NOW: Pensions they pride their selves on offering a high quality and high performing workplace pension that is simple and straightforward at low cost.
They always put their customers at the heart of everything they do and make it their priority to ensure that their customers get the most value for their money.
They want to establish long term relationships by ensuring that their proposition delivers on its promises today and well into the future.
The Company’s values are summarised as follows:
- Accountability: They take ownership of, and are personally accountable for, all our actions. They embrace their mistakes and learn from them as part of their continuous improvement ethos.
- Honesty: They are not afraid to challenge the status quo. They are true to their word and deliver on their promises.
- Innovation: They are passionate about progress and creating a better future. They encourage creative thinking and they are always looking for better ways to do things.
- Teamwork: They always bring solutions not problems and they foster a culture of knowledge sharing.
- Thoughtfulness: They are considerate and respectful of their colleagues. They put them selves in the shoes of the customer when making decisions that may affect them.
As a Data Engineer, you will join their Data Engineering team, reporting directly into the Head of Applications.
It’s an exciting time to be joining NOW: Pensions as they are entering the next phase of their journey looking at how they continue to change the face of the pensions industry.
- Business and technical projects focusing on the design and delivery
- Carry out peer reviews
- Analyse the system requirements and break them into manageable units
- Work with DataOps to ensure that our CI/CD pipeline is streamlined
- Work with the team to ensure that systems adhere to our quality assurance best practices and contribute to these best practices
- Work with the team to ensure that we follow a lean/agile process that continues to mature and adapt to changing business requirements
- Help ensure NOW: Pensions fulfils its obligations and is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), The Pensions Regulator and the Financial Conduct Authority regulations
- Anticipating and solving problems – a key part of the role is seeing where problems might arise during an engineering project and finding solutions, before, they go ‘live’ and disrupt the organisation.
- Communication skills – you’ll need to be adept at listening to, understanding and explaining concepts to both managerial and technical colleagues
- Dealing with pressure – senior engineers have a lot of responsibility and you’ll have to be able to deliver results in high-pressure circumstances
- Prioritisation and time management – business projects often have tight deadlines and missing them can have significant consequences for your organisation or client
- Team player working closely with our BI & Analytics Manager, Systems Architect, Head of Applications & Head of Infrastructure as well as key stakeholders in the business
- Take responsibility for Risk and Compliance in your day-to-day work. You will need to demonstrate adherence to external and internal risks and compliance, as well as ensuring regulatory and legal standards are met. You will actively follow all relevant procedures, mandatory training requirements and keeping appropriate records, reporting to Compliance any areas of concern
- Strong SQL experience
- Data Engineering / BI Development / Data Warehousing with MS SQL Server or similar RDBMS
- Good understanding of at least one modern programming language (preferably Java and/or Python)
- Demonstrable test automation experience
- Experience building robust CI pipelines
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Experience of BI Reporting tools e.g. Power BI, Tableau
- Excellent communicator – It’s essential that you are able to comprehend detailed aspects of their business and that you can communicate these in a clear and straightforward manner
- Non-relational databases
- Apache Airflow
- Hadoop, Hive3, Spark etc.
- Apache NiFi
- DataDog or similar
What's in it for you
- Ability to work on challenging, large project
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- Competitive salary
- Career and professional growth
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company
- Long-term employment with 23 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits