Just Eat Takeaway.com is a leading global online food delivery marketplace headquartered in Amsterdam and listed on the London Stock Exchange.
We've built our business on having the widest choice available on our platform – connecting millions of customers with over 155,000 restaurants across 24 countries - with over 100 different cuisines from local independents to globally famous restaurants, available to order via our app and website.
We provide the platform and tools to help independent restaurants move online and reach a significantly broader customer base – to generate increased orders and grow their businesses. We also provide the insights, advice, and support our growing community needs to satisfy customers and help raise standards across a vibrant takeaway sector.
We’re built to deliver behind the scenes too. To make Just Eat the great company it is, it takes a great team of people. Which is why all of our colleagues are welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where they feel they can belong. We're passionate about nurturing our people and offer a full programme of training and support to our employees – helping them to develop their careers in a way that suits them.
No matter who you are, what you look like, who you love, where you are from, religious beliefs or takeaway preferences you could find your place at Just Eat Takeaway.com. We’re a diverse and inclusive workplace that promotes a sense of belonging, allowing all of our people to bring their most colourful and complex selves to work every day.
You can read more about us at: https://www.justeattakeaway.
On behalf of Just Eat Takeaway, Ciklum is looking for a Data Engineer for our team.
We are looking for a Data Engineer with a focus in data warehousing to join our team! As a Data Engineer, you will form a pivotal part of the business. Within our data-driven company, you ensure that we can deliver our data products and software solutions faster and more reliable than ever before.
As a Data Engineer you will be responsible for supporting and improving our fast growing data warehouse. You will need to be able to extract data from various sources, build pipelines to ingest this data and verify data integrity. You will work in close partnership with our Data Engineer team and use the infrastructure and tools they provided to support our data products and solutions.
- Structure our data warehouse applying the industry’s best practices
- Use your skills and best practices to create reliable, frequently running pipelines
- Model data, implement proper data quality governance and troubleshoot any issues swiftly
- Collaborate excellently across multiple teams in an agile iterative process
- You have knowledge about how to model data and processes, how to test data, how to implement proper logging, and how to troubleshoot issues swiftly
- You have an extensive and proven professional experience (+3 years) handling data pipelines
- You are an expert with MPP databases (Redshift/Greenplum/Teradata/Snowflake) and/or DBMS (Postgres/Oracle/MySQL)
- Experience in cloud is preferred (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Good understanding of Python fundamentals and best practices
- Proactive engineer who embodies the ideals of continuous improvement
- Proficient understanding of automation such as CI/CD processes
What's in it for you
- We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. So you and your team will have the authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities to the rest of the platform and company
- An environment in which good, evidence-based arguments are always listened to, and will win out
- Regular 1-to-1 meetings with your manager, with support and guidance to set and then meet personal career objectives
- An open, friendly and fun environment; we have a relaxed dress code and regular social events
- Regular hackathons – use your imagination, ideas and technologies of your choice to innovate and deliver prototypes of new products
Client video presentation