Perfect Channel delivers marketplace technology to enterprise size customers for commodity, financial predominately B2B environments. It counts amongst its customers Christies, Global Dairy Trade, Agri-clear, Leaseplan, Lloyd’s of London, and other worldwide recognized brands.
The team will be working on the customizations, extensions of existing systems, that are now done by the UK team.
The company aims to evolve from professional services to product-oriented business.
Development is done based on Scrum framework.
The current software development department structure includes several small cross-functional teams: 4 developers and 1 tester - one of them acts as a Scrum master; the most senior developer is a Team Lead.
On behalf of Perfect Channel, Ciklum is looking for a Data Engineer to join Malaga team on a full-time basis.
If you are passionate about creating great software and want to work somewhere, where a blind insistence on suits, tidy haircuts and lumbering bureaucracy is actively shunned in favour of pragmatic focus on being effective and doing things well then Perfect Channel could be the place for you.
The science of marketplaces is at the heart of everything we do. Science requires data and marketplaces generate a lot of it – and this is where you come in. You’ll be responsible for collecting, processing and managing our client’s data, helping them to operate efficient digital markets. You’ll work closely with both our platform developers and marketplace engineer, helping to turn scientific ideas into features and products within our ecosystem of trading technologies.
- Developing new ETL processes to support client analytics – e.g. custom reporting, recommendation engine calculations, etc.;
- On-going monitoring and maintenance for existing ETL processes;
- Running queries to address ad hoc reporting needs (both internal and external).
- Contribute to building our second generation analytics platform on AWS;
- Support our Marketplace Engineer to analyse client and prospective-client data.
- A competent Python developer that appreciates software engineering best practices, such as version control (e.g. Git) and test-driven development;
- Comfortable using Apache Spark (primarily SparkSQL via PySpark), for writing well-tuned ETL jobs, as well as debugging those written by others;
- Able to write complex SQL queries for answering client questions – i.e. be able to use efficient joins, aggregations and window functions;
- Comfortable using NoSQL databases as well as relational databases;
- Comfortable working with cloud-hosted services;
- Self-motivated and able to operate independently.
What's in it for you
- A dynamic and highly motivated international team of skilled and experienced professionals
- An open culture defined by passion for developing software, fun and mutual respect.
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- Continuous learning based on a training & development program
- Competitive salary
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions