90 Percent of Everything is a company with a goal to revolutionise shipping by creating a suite of comprehensive software solutions for the Maritime industry. Our journey begins now. Over the next couple of years, our teams and squads will build more than 30 products from the ground up. This includes everything from global vessel tracking to vessel performance analysis, crew optimization and so much more. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to apply cutting-edge technology to revolutionising an iconic industry.
Our tech stack consists of React and React Native applications communicating using GraphQL to microservice containers orchestrated by Kubernetes. Internally our services use gRPC for communication and achieve high scalability thanks to a Kafka based event driven architecture and persist data to a mix of RDBS and NoSQL databases including PostgresDB, MongoDB, S3 and Elasticsearch. We follow modern CI/CD and agile methodologies to deploy into production multiple times per week.
On behalf of 90 Percent of Everything, Ciklum is looking for a Data Scientist to join team in Kyiv on a full-time basis.
As a Data Scientist in our team you will help us to extract, process and analyze data coming from more than 100 vessels on the high seas or berthed in busy loading ports across America, Europe and Asia. You will also generate insights and build deep expertise in all areas of shipping, from engine maintenance to navigation and vessel supplies. You will be a key member of a diverse team of developers, engineers, designers and industry experts, helping them to use data to drive key product features and business decisions.
As well as a strong background in mathematics and programming you will have an enthusiasm for using your skills to significantly improve the efficiency of transportation by sea, as well as the dozens of operational areas that ship owners rely on to manage their fleets.
- Make mathematical models for improving operations and predicting future events;
- Machine learning algorithms identify and capitalize on patterns in crew travel, vessel performance, maintenance &insurance.
- Strong commercial experience in data science;
- Experience with TensorFlow and Keras;
- Expert knowledge of Pandas or similar tool;
- Python programming skills;
- Proficient with SQL databases;
- Experience creating, training and testing mathematical models;
- Superb visualization skills;
- Enthusiasm to learn and work in a diverse team.
What's in it for you
- Working with latest cutting-edge technologies;
- Disrupting a century old industry in a startup environment;
- Opportunity to grow and develop your core skills;
- Deliver a green field system;
- Work with a diverse multicultural team in an agile environment;
- Variety of knowledge sharing and self-development opportunities;
- Competitive salary;
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere, which creates good working conditions;
- Opportunity to travel to client offices based in London;
- Experience firsthand the squad-chapter-guild workflow model, our version of the Spotify model.
Client video presentation