Derivco is the dev house that provides Microgaming with their exceptional gaming content. They pride themselves on being at the forefront of industry innovation. These highly skilled teams of designers, developers, illustrators and animators love nothing more than working with the latest technology and having fun trying out new ideas. The software our Customer produces has enabled Microgaming to become one of the most trusted suppliers of online gaming in the world. They don’t just create software. They create entertainment experiences.
Derivco Hong Kong https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kywWpYy58Q
Family Day at Derivco Durban https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2UCbBhI-Vg
On behalf of Derivco, Ciklum is looking for a DB Tech Lead to join Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
Who are we?
We are the Quickfire Team, which falls in part under the Derivco umbrella. We are a fast paced, technologically proficient and exceptionally talented group of people. Our multi-award-winning software platform is technologically diverse and offers challenges in many different areas.
The Quickfire platform allows operators to access Microgaming and other cutting edge 3rd party content through a simple and rapid integration process across both the Flash and Mobile platforms. We build leading edge value adds to improve the take up of games by players, via a host of back office marketing, communication and player management tools. Once the initial integration has been completed, operators have access to the largest online Progressive Jackpot Network in the industry, monthly new game releases, Microgaming’s blockbuster slots including Thunderstruck II and licensed products such as Battlestar Galactica™ and Hitman™.
You will provide technical leadership to analyze, design and produce quality software and documentation by adhering to and improving the teams standards and best practices. Supports team alignment with organizational initiatives and objectives whilst safeguarding the architecture and growing product awareness.
- Analyze requirements and create an appropriate software design, in conjunction with other Developers, according to best practice and organizational initiatives and objectives.
- Create and maintain the architectural vision for the team’s products together with other senior developers and architects.
- Collaborate with senior colleagues in creating and maintaining the team’s SDLC.
- Develop and release software as per the team standards and processes to meet the defined specifications or requirements within the agreed time.
- Provide technical leadership in understanding the project complexity, scope and risk for your products.
- Test your software as per the team’s software quality charter.
- Make sure your software does what it supposed to do as per the defined specification.
- Provide support for product related issues in production with appropriate urgency.
- Proactively share knowledge within the team and with key stakeholders.
The ability to work independently and collaboratively with the team. Integrity, adaptability and excellent communication skills. A passion for lifelong learning and exceptional problems solving skills.
Ninja Skills, as below:
- Solid T/SQL development experience
- Experience with Query Optimization & Performance Tuning, SSIS, SSAS (Tabular Model)
- Good understanding of database administration
- Good understanding of Database design principles and techniques, DB Architecture Skills
- Experience in applying data modeling, Data Cubes, Data Marts, Kimball principles of Data Warehouse Architecture
- DB Documentation skills ERD
- Experience in using a TDD approach to development using tSQL and nUnit frameworks would be ideal
- Ability to work on multiple task projects.
- DBA experience
- Experience with BI Tools (Qlikview or Power BI)
What's in it for you
We are always looking for new technology to take advantage of and are always keen to embrace change! We embrace innovation in everything we do (and hand out some pretty cool prizes for it as well).
We’re convinced that we employ some of the smartest people in the business, so if you like being challenged and feel that you could contribute, we look forward to hearing from you!
Client video presentation