DBA/BI Engineer for Mercedes pay (Kyiv)
Mercedes Pay S.A. is a young, innovative start-up in the field of mobile/online payment. Our goal is to establish the new standard for payment processes. ‘Mercedes pay’ is the electronic payment system for services provided by the Daimler Group. It is a fundamental component of Daimler’s mobility and digitalization strategy. As a part of the Daimler group, we are ambitious to make the products and services that Daimler offers even more appealing with the new payment system.
On behalf of Mercedes Pay, Ciklum is looking for DBA/BI Engineer to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
Become a part of Agile team delivering digital payment platform for Mobile Payment, E-Money Solutions, crypto currencies and Voucher & Loyalty Solutions to serve every kind of business based on modern web Java technologies, such as Java 8, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Security, Kafka, Discovery, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Gradle etc.
- You will be responsible for production support of the Business Intelligence Reporting environments, performance tuning. Design and implement reporting and analytical solutions, including both the design of table structures and the processes used to populate those structures with data from internal and external sources.
- Proven experience in PostgreSQL:
- good skills in general DBA activities: users, roles, profiles, permissions, data export / import
- good skills in general performance tuning (indexes, stats, be able to suggest indexes, logical table organization etc)
- strong skills in logical and physical data organization: operating system kernel/IO tuning, RAID setup, data files and WALorganization, etc
- strong skills in Postgres specific performance tuning: CPU, memory, disk storage params
- strong skills in replication, clustering, high availability
- strong skills in PG troubleshooting, PG monitoring
- advanced SQL
- 1+ years’ experience in Java EE (ver. 7+)
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule tradeoffs, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with technical employees
- Upper-Intermediate English
- Expertise in data mining, data management, reporting, and SQL queries
- Experience creating data models and/or business measurements from scratch to support product feature development
- Experience implementing big data technologies such as Hadoop and MapReduce
- Ability to adapt quickly to the changes on the project
- Proactive person
- Attentive to details
- Quick learner
- Strong team player
What's in it for you
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- Usage of the latest technologies and tools to develop and deliver amazing products
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Medical insurance