Ciklum is a leading global digital services and software engineering company, serving Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations. Headquartered in the UK, we unite 3,500+ software developers, designers, product managers and data scientists around the world building tailored digital solutions that leverage emerging technologies.
We are enabling digital transformation for some of the largest household names and platforms in the digital economy. Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible and join the global projects redefining industries.
We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!
Ciklum is looking for a Delivery Director to be responsible for the leadership and delivery of large, complex transformation programmes that consist of business, technology and operational change.
We’re seeking experienced, high calibre industry leaders with a proven track record of successful delivery. Candidates must have a deep understanding of programme management principles, a strategic mindset and the natural ability to lead large teams.
The role of the Delivery Director is to ensure customer satisfaction, business growth and smooth delivery across numerous projects/programs.
- Defining the objectives, delivery strategy and associated timelines for the programme, setting aspirational goals and milestones
- Choosing a delivery methodology and ensuring it is implemented effectively with the appropriate controls and governance
- Providing regular progress updates to senior client stakeholders and the Ciklum SMT including the escalation of blocking issues and ongoing risk management
- Building a high calibre, motivated and professional programme leadership team across all disciplines including business design, technology and architecture, testing, release and live support, business change
- Day to day management of a multidisciplinary team which consists of client staff, contractors, suppliers and Ciklum staff, including performance management where necessary
- Definition of and adherence to the programme budget
- Ongoing identification and implementation of efficiencies needed to improve quality and pace while reducing running costs
- Ensure all solutions and operations adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies
- On-demand provide consulting/coaching/training for project team members (e.g. team leads, scrum masters, DMs, etc.)
- Managing and monitoring of gross margin (GM) and ongoing earned value (EV) analysis
- Provide proactive constructive input to the internal organization on services and solutions that should be considered for improvement and/or creation
- Supervise and mentor Delivery Management Team
- Be accountable for the Change and Risk management for the entire Customer’s project portfolios, including those managed by other project managers, balancing resources in line with overall delivery criticality
- Play leading-role for Agile Center of Excellence to ensure delivery expertise growth
- The programme would be well structured, organised and managed. It is perceived by your peers as an example of modern, best practice
- The quality of staff and deliverables would be outstanding, the programme would be considered the ‘go to’ opportunity for ambitious, driven individuals throughout the organisation
- An ethos of continuous improvement will be established with the whole team focused on becoming faster and constantly improving quality
- Delivery costs would be known and well managed with future spend accurately forecast
- The delivery risk would be managed effectively with all key decisions being taken through formal governance and approved by the appropriate decision-making body
- The programme board and key stakeholders would feel fully informed of both progress and potential risks/issues. They would fully trust and rely on the Programme
- Ciklum will be highly valued and respected by the client, the account will grow beyond annual forecasts. Ciklum will be asked to assist in new areas of the business, the client will treat you as an essential part of their leadership team and be happy to provide marketing materials such as a quote and a case
The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills, exceptional problem-solving skills, be highly organised and have excellent leadership skills.
- Agile Delivery / Project Management experience and strong commercial understanding, ideally within Managed Services and IT Outsourcing industry
- Proven experience as a Programme Director who has already successfully delivered programmes with an annual budget in excess of £10m and over 100+ team members
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and approaches, in-depth experience managing a large-scale agile delivery is a distinct advantage
- Strong service/client-oriented attitude, focus on an outcome
- Business acumen with a strategic perspective
- Ability to make rapid informed considered decisions
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- Excellent organisational skills, good time management and the ability to prioritise
- Strong communication skills, the ability to lead, network effectively, negotiate and influence people
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- Strong values – Openness; honesty; integrity; reliability
- A drive to win and build ‘best in class teams and solutions
- Experience in conducting training, coaching and mentoring group of Delivery Managers
- Agile and/or PMI certification
- Ready for business trips more than 25% of working time
- Technical hands-on experience (software development, QA, DevOps, etc)
- Product Management background
- Spoken and written German as a plus
- Industry presence in project management or Agile approaches: conferences, articles, training, webinars etc
What's in it for you
- Ability to work on challenging projects, deal with complex solutions
- Nicely designed, centrally located offices with a warm atmosphere that creates good working conditions
- A unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with the client
Client video presentation