Ciklum is looking for a Delivery Director to join our team full-time in UK.
We’re seeking experienced, high caliber industry leaders with a proven track record of successful delivery. Candidates must have a deep understanding of program management principles, a strategic mindset and the natural ability to lead large teams.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organizations worldwide.
About the role:
As a Delivery Director, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for the Client.
- Defining the objectives, delivery strategy and associated timelines for the program, setting aspirational goals and milestones
- Choosing a delivery methodology and ensuring it is implemented effectively with the appropriate controls and governance
- Providing regular progress updates to senior client stakeholders and the Ciklum SMT including the escalation of blocking issues and ongoing risk management
- Building a high caliber, motivated and professional program leadership team across all disciplines including business design, technology and architecture, testing, release and live support, business change etc.
- Day to day management of a multidisciplinary team which consists of client staff, contractors, suppliers and Ciklum staff, including performance management where necessary
- Definition of and adherence to the program budget
- Ongoing identification and implementation of efficiencies needed to improve quality and pace while reducing running costs
- Ensure all solutions and operations adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies
- The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills, exceptional problem-solving skills, be highly organized and have excellent leadership skills.
- Proven experience as a Program Director / Senior Program Manager who has already successfully delivered programs with an annual budget in excess of £10m and over 50 team members
- Deep agile expertise, experience in implementing scaling programs via SAFe, LeSS, Nexus etc
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods, in-depth experience managing a large-scale agile delivery is a distinct advantage
- An understanding of modern delivery practices and solution such as DevOps and Cloud, experience
- Business acumen with a strategic perspective
- Ability to make rapid, informed considered decisions
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- Excellent organizational skills, good time management and the ability to prioritize
- Strong communication skills, the ability to lead, network effectively, negotiate and influence people
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- Familiarity with modern program management tooling including Atlassian Jira/Confluence
- A management related degree is in advantage but not essential, experience will be valued more highly
- Strong values — Openness; honesty; integrity; reliability
- A drive to win and build ‘best in class’ teams and solutions
- Ready for business trips more than 25% of working time
A high performing candidate would deliver the following outcomes:
- The program would be well structured, organized and managed. It is perceived by your peers as an example of modern, best practice delivery.
- The quality of staff and deliverables would be outstanding, the program would be considered the ‘go to’ opportunity for ambitious, driven individuals throughout the organization
- An ethos of continuous improvement will be established with the whole team focused on becoming faster and constantly improving quality
- Delivery costs would be known and well managed with future spend accurately forecast
- Delivery risk would be managed effectively with all key decisions being taken through formal governance and approved by the appropriate decision-making body
- The program board and key stakeholders would feel fully informed of both progress and potential risks/issues. They would fully trust and rely on the Program Director.
- Ciklum will be highly valued and respected by the client, the account will grow beyond annual forecasts. Ciklum will be asked to assist in new areas of the business, the client will treat you as an essential part of their leadership team and be happy to provide marketing materials such as a quote and a case study.
What's in it for you
- Ability to work on challenging projects, deal with complex solutions
- Nicely designed, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere that creates good working conditions
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- Strong focus on continuous expertise growth through various trainings and communities