Aller Holding A/S early began to publish magazines in both Norway and Sweden. Aller Media AB (previously Svenska Aller AB) was founded in 1894 followed by Aller Media AS (previously Norsk Aller AS) in 1897. In 1992 publication in Finland began with the foundation of Aller Media OY (previously Aller Julkaisut OY).
Today Aller Holding A/S appears as the parent company of a modern media group, which is the leading publisher of weeklies in the Nordic countries with its weekly circulation of approximately 2,7 mio. issues. Today the 5th generation is running the company.
DB Medialab is the digital arm of Norway’s second largest tabloid newspaper, Dagbladet, reaching 1.4 million Norwegians every day on all platforms. We also run several other digital services and sites, including dbtv.no, Pressfire.no, Kjendis.no, 123spill.no and Se.no.
Our aim is for the Ukraine team to over time become an integral part of DB Medialab, and should be involved in the creative and strategic planning as well as technical processes. We see this as a long-term collaboration, and are looking for committed and passionate developers who pride themselves on being up-to-date on new technology.
On behalf of Aller Media, Ciklum is looking for DevOps Engineer to join Odessa team on a full-time basis.
We need someone with strong UNIX/Linux skills to be the Odessa arm of our DevOps team! You will be working on many of the brands belonging to the Norwegian part of Aller Media. Our portfolio is based on custom apps based on different frameworks and Labrador CMS. You have an awesome team with you at our office in Odessa, and a set of product owners that are really eager and involved to make great products, both commercial and for our users, and best of all, a really great guy leading the DevOps team in Norway you will be working close with.
In terms of application technology we use Node, React and Go and some PHP (legacy) as our primary stack. Everything runs on Kubernetes in Google Cloud. You will be responsible (together with the Devops team in Norway), for modifying and maintaining our applications to make/keep them 12-factor compliant and running smoothly in the cloud. This includes GitOps, CI/CD (currently CircleCI), ChatOps (slack) and in general All of the Things.
The Odessa development teams are responsible for all development on several of our brands, many of them have several hundred thousand unique users every day! When our new services are set up and in production, they will still need some tender loving care and continuous development.
The upside with our team is that the portfolio has stakeholders from a large part of our Norwegian organization. The team we want you to join has an internal credibility of being agile, fast, friendly and fixing real problems. On top of this you will have the room to widen your skillset and become an even better developer. Because we will challenge you!
You will have time to study and familiarize yourself with some of the most exciting technologies driving the internet today.
As English is our preferred language for communication (unless you are fluent in Norwegian as well) it is really important that you are skilled in both written and verbal English.
When you are not working on the devops of things we would like you to help out as a backend developer on our teams. We will work it out together as sometimes there will be more devops then other and vice versa. This will also help you understand better and guide the teams on how they can improve their stuff. In general, this is a pretty neat setup.
The interview will be held by our DevOps manager and the Product owner from Aller. We also want you to have a chat with our Ukrainian team-leader.
- Kubernetes/Docker in Google Cloud
- GitOps, CI/CD (currently CircleCI), ChatOps (slack)
- To integrate closely with Development teams
Maintain good knowledge of Kubernetes/Docker/docker-compose technologies.
- Provide insight and assistance in setting up/maintaining CI/CD pipelines that make sense.
- Administer a google-based organization with tiered access.
- Help out as a backend developer when there is time available.
- You need to be comfortable in the Unix Terminal. There’s no GUI way to do this job.
- We want you to help us create and give the applications in the portfolio the appropriate attention. As a team member you probably know where your key competence will be of best use. Help solving issues everywhere along the stack. Your suggestions will be valued.
- Strong UNIX shell /Linux skills
- Experience from relevant technologies
- Software development experience
- Strong English skills
- Good knowledge of Bash.
- Familiarity with one or more major scripting language.
- Some prior experience with Cloud providers (AWS, GCP).
- Dynamic and quality oriented
- Team player, communicative
What's in it for you
- Friendly and driven team
- Competitive salary
- Lunch and Learn – meetings ones in few weeks where each team member can share some interesting thoughts/ideas with the team while having lunch
- Corporate Hackathons
- Access to the stakeholder – real feedback from the end users
- English classes
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Team buildings