On behalf of NOW: Pensions, Ciklum is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join Malaga team on a full-time basis.
The mission of NOW: Pension is to build trust in an uncertain world by fighting for a robust financial system and a fair pension system that benefit everyone. They aim to achieve this by providing security and helping people achieve better, more secure financial outcomes in a realistic and responsible way.
At NOW: Pensions they pride their selves on offering a high quality and high performing workplace pension that is simple and straightforward at low cost.
They always put their customers at the heart of everything they do and make it their priority to ensure that their customers get the most value for their money.
They want to establish long term relationships by ensuring that their proposition delivers on its promises today and well into the future.
The Company’s values are summarised as follows:
- Accountability: They take ownership of, and are personally accountable for, all our actions. They embrace their mistakes and learn from them as part of their continuous improvement ethos
- Honesty: They are not afraid to challenge the status quo. They are true to their word and deliver on their promises
- Innovation: They are passionate about progress and creating a better future. They encourage creative thinking and they are always looking for better ways to do things
- Teamwork: They always bring solutions not problems and they foster a culture of knowledge sharing
- Thoughtfulness: They are considerate and respectful of their colleagues. They put them selves in the shoes of the customer when making decisions that may affect them
As a DevOps Engineer you will join their Data Engineering team, reporting directly into the Head of Applications.
It’s an exciting time to be joining NOW: Pensions as they are entering the next phase of their journey looking at how they continue to change the face of the pensions industry.
- Business and technical projects focusing on the continuous integration and delivery
- Carry out peer reviews
- Work with the team to analyse the system requirements and break them into manageable units
- Work with the team to ensure that our CI/CD pipeline is streamlined
- Work with the team to ensure that systems adhere to our quality assurance best practices and contribute to these best practices
- Work with the team to ensure that we follow a lean / agile process that continues to mature and adapt to changing business requirements
- Help ensure NOW: Pensions fulfils its obligations and is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), The Pensions Regulator and the Financial Conduct Authority regulations
- Anticipating and solving problems – a key part of your role will be working closely with the business and understanding the business requirements. You will be expected to participate in finding solutions
- Communication skills – you’ll need to be adept at listening to, understanding and explaining concepts to both managerial and technical colleagues
- Dealing with pressure – software developers have responsibilities as part of a full complement team including change management and business SMEs. You will have to be able to deliver results in high-pressure circumstances
- Prioritisation and time management – business projects often have tight deadlines and missing them can have significant consequences for your organisation or client
- Relationship-building – it’s important to develop trust and understanding between the technical teams, change management and business units to ensure a project runs smoothly
- Work closely with change management team to ensure that non-functional requirements are implemented and understood as well as functional requirements
- Bash scripting
- Packer, Vault
- Relational Database Management Systems
- Test Driven Development
- Expert level Git
- Monitoring tools like Newrelic, Graphana
- Security patterns/OWASP
- Linux system administration
- Web Application Firewalls
- 12 Factor Applications
- Octopus Deploy
- GoLang or Rust
- Security auditing
- Penetration testing
- Blue/Green and Canary releases
- SQL Server
- Windows administration
What's in it for you
- Ability to work on challenging, large project
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- Competitive salary
- Career and professional growth
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company
- Long-term employment with 23 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits