Just Eat Takeaway.com is a leading global online food delivery marketplace headquartered in Amsterdam and listed on the London Stock Exchange.
We've built our business on having the widest choice available on our platform – connecting millions of customers with over 155,000 restaurants across 24 countries - with over 100 different cuisines from local independents to globally famous restaurants, available to order via our app and website.
We provide the platform and tools to help independent restaurants move online and reach a significantly broader customer base – to generate increased orders and grow their businesses. We also provide the insights, advice, and support our growing community needs to satisfy customers and help raise standards across a vibrant takeaway sector.
We’re built to deliver behind the scenes too. To make Just Eat the great company it is, it takes a great team of people. Which is why all of our colleagues are welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where they feel they can belong. We're passionate about nurturing our people and offer a full programme of training and support to our employees – helping them to develop their careers in a way that suits them.
No matter who you are, what you look like, who you love, where you are from, religious beliefs or takeaway preferences you could find your place at Just Eat Takeaway.com. We’re a diverse and inclusive workplace that promotes a sense of belonging, allowing all of our people to bring their most colourful and complex selves to work every day.
You can read more about us at: https://www.justeattakeaway.
On behalf of Just Eat Takeaway, Ciklum is looking for a DevOps Engineer for our team.
The department is Business Intelligence, but the mission of the data and hence the tableau team goes beyond BI. It’s providing the essential data services for the whole company. The Tableau team is getting started, and the objective is to make this essential service highly available, properly monitored (at the infrastructure as well as application level), and well documented. We need the whole infrastructure to be driven by code which must allow us to spin up and configure clusters on demand for prod, dev, staging, etc.
- Improve deployment of tableau clusters on AWS with Terraform and Ansible
- Achieve blue/green deployment, aim towards zero-downtime maintenance
- Better monitor the stack behaviour to have advance warning of issues (jmx, logs, etc)
- Be able to tune the JVM-based applications, among others
- Put everything into code that is version controlled and auditable
- Develop automation scripts for licence handling, permission management, regular cleanups, etc
- Start working on a reliable and secure deployment process of workbooks, enforcing policy and best practices
- Document everything possible in a structured way
- Experienced in automating deployment of stacks and applications, ideally Terraform and Ansible
- Be very comfortable with the command line, and knowledgeable about Linux systems and networking
- Experience in the cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Know about the JVM, monitoring and tuning it, and its security
- Be able to write clean and secure Python admin scripts, and be comfortable using it as a glue language
- Know about efficient monitoring and alerting, and usefulness of administrative reports
What's in it for you
- We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. So you and your team will have the authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities to the rest of the platform and company
- An environment in which good, evidence-based arguments are always listened to, and will win out
- Regular 1-to-1 meetings with your manager, with support and guidance to set and then meet personal career objectives
- An open, friendly and fun environment; we have a relaxed dress code and regular social events
- Regular hackathons – use your imagination, ideas and technologies of your choice to innovate and deliver prototypes of new products
Client video presentation