Ciklum is a top-five global Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you'll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!
Ciklum is looking for a DevOps Lead to join our team in Kyiv on a full-time basis.
On our project DevOps is important, and the whole team is committed to good practice. You’ll work with the rest of the team to make sure everything’s running smoothly. You will continue to maintain our Kubernetes cluster stack on AWS and know what needs to be optimized to achieve a High performance in an HA environment, standing up and scaling as we grow.
The DevOps lead must be passionate about getting code into live service in a stress free manner. The DevOps Lead manages and oversees all activities in the DevOps team and plays a leading role with the development teams. The DevOps team’s primary goal is to define, build and support the business’s Deployment Pipeline and the infrastructure on which the applications run. The pipeline supports the team’s primary goal of enabling the development teams to rapidly and safely ship code to all environments (including production) quickly and efficiently. The lead will need to measure, identify and remove bottlenecks to continually improve the Deployment Pipeline. This will include providing visibility of the process so that teams are constantly aware what state their code is in.
The DevOps Lead is a demanding role, the occupant must be capable of leading cross-functional teams in a hands-on manner to investigate complex issues and support the resolution across the platform as well as playing a leading role in software / platform / application architectural evolution.
The lead will demonstrate excellent troubleshooting skills and has excellent knowledge of monitoring and alerting.
Our client is a leader in providing intelligent transportation systems in the fields of tolling, traffic management, smart urban mobility, traffic safety, security and connected vehicles. As a one-stop solution provider, offers end-to-end solutions covering the entire value creation chain of its customers, from components and design to the implementation and operation of systems. The mobility solutions supplied by our client help road traffic safer and more reliable, efficient, and comfortable in urban areas and on highways alike while helping to reduce pollution.
The platform assumes to host mobile application and cloud-hosted product applications, managed end-to-end by dedicated teams.
We offer you an agile environment with startup mentality, no bureaucracy, flat hierarchies as well as courage and trust to evaluate new approaches.
- Create an automated Deployment Pipeline to ship applications and infrastructure to production:
- Collaborate with developers, QA to architect and build the pipeline
- Provide clear reporting of the pipeline’s to all teams
- Support the teams to use the pipeline
- Troubleshoot issues and remove blockers with the pipeline to maintain flow
- Measure the pipeline and use this data to prioritize work to continually improve it
- Provide centralized monitoring, logging, reporting and alerting tooling that the development teams integrate with
- Collaboration with Dev and QA teams in:
- Resolving issues and clearing blockers
- Priorities changes
- Providing environments
- Release flow refinements
- Quality gates implementation refinements
- Versioning refinements
- Team management:
- Tasks decomposition and prioritization
- Review quality of DevOps team deliverables
- Protecting the team from unnecessary interruptions and distractions
- Organisation and facilitation of standard scrum meetings
- Establishing an environment where the team can be effective
- Ensuring a good relationship between the team and product owner as well as others outside the team
- Status reporting including key risks and issues
- Facilitating the backlog grooming and estimation process
- Participate in demonstrations to Customer
- Demonstrate to the development teams and customer each sprint the continual improvement made by the DevOps team
- Experience with microservices design;
- Strong knowledge of best DevOps practices and methodologies;
- Docker, Kubernetes and git experience as a must;
- Terraform or CloudFormation experience as a must;
- Experience in CI/CD automation tools (Jenkins, helm);
- Base or deep knowledge of DBs (cassandra, postgresql)
- Have used RabbitMQ in HA projects
- Experience in automation builds and tests for java applications (maven, ant);
- Experience with code quality tools and established security control and best practices;
- Experience in logging and application monitoring tools (ELK, CloudWatch);
- Experience with AWS native services (s3, redshift, glue, api gw, ecr, eks, etc.).
What's in it for you
- Realization of your innovative ideas in building new Ciklum Solutions and Services
- Friendly collaborative teams and enjoyable working environment
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions.
Client video presentation