Ciklum is a Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you'll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!
On behalf of Ciklum Digital, Ciklum is looking for a DevOps Manager to join Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
Ciklum is creating a world-class delivery practice – Ciklum Digital. We empower our clients to meet their digital initiatives by providing end-to-end software, integration and innovation services. In Ciklum’s portfolio contains projects with clients who have a global reach, including Europe and the US. We have experience working with a broad range of companies from large established organizations to startups. The typical delivery is a medium to a large-sized solution based on a custom back-end, business logic, web and mobile applications that provide an excellent user experience to the end-users for other businesses. This particular role is for UK based financial services organisation specialising in supply chain finance.
DevOps is a practice within Ciklum Digital. We operate at the forefront of building global customer experiences across all digital touchpoints from the customer-facing to the operational systems. Our goal is to ensure our teams build the right, scalable solutions for our clients on time and budget.
The DevOps Manager tackles our client’s toughest technical problems and drives technical excellence at all levels, working with senior management to support execution of the client’s organization vision. The DevOps Manager is a person who cares deeply about the technical side of operations and making sure that everything runs smoothly – supporting fast cycle times, high quality and availability. The ideal
candidate understands technology deeply at both the infrastructure level (including serverless) and at the development level, understands where the gaps often are between these two, and is excited about filling those gaps and taking proactive steps to prevent production emergencies from ever happening. The DevOps Manager manages service delivery and systems reliability and scalability including reporting, configuration and build, testing, planning, and deployment of solutions and will be accountable for all aspects of deployment and technical operations including technical project resources, scheduling, risk management, internal and external communications, status reporting, and
resource management. This person must be able to coordinate well between a variety of vendors and technical experts. This is the role for you if you are an excellent communicator, able to eliminate jargon when necessary, yet able to dive deep into technical details when working with development staff. You take complete ownership of the technical implementation of projects and ensure that no stone is left unturned to avoid risks. You take quality very seriously and work to quantify and evaluate new ways of measuring quality to ensure application uptime and a positive user experience, and that we continue to deliver excellent customer experiences.
- Management, organization, controlling and quality assurance of DevOps projects in an agile environment in areas such as fintech, e-mobility, connectivity, Industry 4.0 and many more
- Build, release and deployment automation as well as the development of concepts and strategies for working methods optimization
- Operation and support of applications through ITIL and ensuring availability of critical applications, interfaces and components
- Ensuring support for continuous integration, deployment and delivery
- Drive a true DevOps culture into our organization
- Hire, train, and grow operations teams
- Drive continual improvement in systems operations through tool building and automation
- Participate in the definition of the roadmap for our clients – including brand new ones – in collaboration with our product managers, other development and engineering managers and engineers
- Drive root cause analyses, in collaboration with product teams, as well as leading local development to improve operational performance
- Scale our solutions: lead the planning, hardware selection, costing, and provisioning of new capacity, including involvement in the pre-sales process
- Define and drive projects and report on their progress
- Report on the health of our client’s services at an executive level
- Meet with internal and external customers to develop relationships and clarify requirements and schedules
- Collaborate with and learn from world-class leaders to meet world-class challenges, every day
- Work in an environment where operational excellence is truly the first priority, and where the degree of automation is above the bar
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Science
- 7+ years of relevant hands-on systems engineering and administrative experience in networking, storage systems, operating systems
- 5+ years of experience leading DevOps teams
- Strong systems engineering fundamentals understanding (networking, storage, operating systems)
- Knowledge of leading development life cycle processes and best practices, esp. in the areas of deployment automation and monitoring
- Solid experience with Agile engineering practices (Kanban, continuous delivery, etc.)
- Masters or PhD Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Demonstrated success building and leading teams
- Strong performance engineering and capacity planning background
- Experience as a Delivery Manager/Project Manager on large-scale projects
- Mentoring/training systems engineers
- Experience with distributed systems at scale
- Cloud service usage on commercial or government
What's in it for you
- Ability to work on challenging projects, deal with complex solutions
- Nicely designed, centrally located offices with a warm atmosphere that creates good working conditions
- A unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- Strong focus on continuous expertise growth through various training and communities
Client video presentation