DevOps — Site Reliability Engineer for Thomas Cook (Kyiv)
The Thomas Cook Group is the oldest and best known name in leisure travel with a history of innovation that started in 1841. Then Company is proud to serve the 19 million customers who chose to travel with TC each year and, are focused on transforming their business so that they can serve even more customers in ways that deliver better holiday dreams.
Thomas Cook is supported by 21,813 employees and operates from 15 source markets; it’s a leading company(by revenue) in all its core domains. Thomas Cook Group plcʼs shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The Companyʼs very essence is to deliver inspiring personal journeys as the trusted pioneer in global travel. The core of our strategy is to deliver a high-tech, high-touch approach and being there for their customers wherever, whenever and however they want to connect with Company. TC Group is building the capability to support personalized customer interaction through micro-segmentation, social media integration, and powerful recommendation analytics.
On behalf of Thomas Cook, Ciklum is looking for a DevOps — Site Reliability Engineer to join Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
We are a Platform/Core team in a leading Europe travel company. Our mission is to drive our development towards high quality continuous delivery process. We believe in DevOps as a philosophy which brings benefits for all and as a team we are inspired to integrate this within the company.
We believe in the mantra to automate and to ensure CI/CD, this is seen in our local approaches where we follow lean practices to delivery high quality Infrastructure as a Code. We use CI/CD, TDD/BDD, Chef, Jenkins jobDSL and 2.0 Pipelines. Working mainly in the public clouds (RackSpace, IBM, Azure, AWS) we are responsible for the channel market deliveries and are always implementing «cool» stuff to support these highly available environments which in turn enable rapid change. We are a development team working across multiple languages we look for our developers to be strong Software Engineers with a Delivery and Ops background.
This role gives an opportunity to implement, support and maintain Infrastructure as a Code, automation tools and services. As an Infrastructure Software Engineer, you will be involved in designing and building large scale Java and Node.js applications that support millions of customers, billions of pounds in revenue and thousands of requests per millisecond. You will be a main contact person for the Delivery team within the Development teams and will be constantly communicating with the Software Engineers, direct contact with their Leads, participate in Scrum processes and other meetings. You will have an opportunity to advocate Infra and DevOps values and guide Development teams across the minefield.
- To analyze and improve upon existing systems, services and infrastructure
- To operate the platform within security and privacy guidelines
- To deliver commitments and timely escalate blockers
- To be a gospeller of DevOps philosophy, CI/CD and continual improvement values spreading in the company and development teams
- To integrate closely with Development teams, participate in Scrum processes
- 3+ years of relevant experience in configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Linux-based production systems
- 2+ years of automatically provisioning, configuring and deploying environments
- 1+ year of experience with Chef stack (Berkshelf, ChefSpec, Kitchen, ServerSpec/InSpec, Foodcritic) or similar (Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc)
- 1+ year commercial experience with AWS (AWS CloudFormation, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Lambda, Route 53, et.c.)
- Experience in Docker
- Continuous Delivery experience (will be a bonus Jenkins + IaaC like jobDSL or 2.0 Pipelines)
- Experience with at least one of virtualization/cloud (RackSpace, IBM SoftLayer/Bluemix, Azure, AWS)
- Development skills (Ruby or Java/Groovy is a must, as a bonus Node.js, Angular, .NET, Scala, PHP)
- Experience and belief in Agile principles such as Lean, Kanban, Scrum, TDD/BDD
- Time management, communication skills
- Challenge the status quo, open-minded and ready for rapid changes
- Drive for continual improvement
- Strong logic and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to live and work in multitasking mode
What's in it for you
- Our client is a leading international travel company that has shaped the history of travel and now plans to shape the future of online travel
- The client’s digital strategy is to continue pushing the boundaries on its products’ capabilities, growth and maturity. It plans to accelerate on new technology innovations in the areas of next generation mobile and tablet user experience, ‘big data’ analytics driven personalization, advanced cloud computing and cutting edge social/search technologies
- Despite being a large international organization, our client’s digital team is setup like a small start-up company (without worrying about the next round of funding). Our development teams are small, flexible and they use an agile approach to quickly iterate and test new innovations in the market with our customers. We focus on using the latest open source technologies to innovate and bring together beautiful, cool products and personalized experiences to our customers
- Working for our client, you will have the opportunity to solve some of the most difficult problems facing the industry while having a ton of fun. We have a casual office culture with a strong emphasis on innovation, education and empowerment. We expect our teams to do great things and encourage them to be bold, take risks and try new ideas
Client video presentationApply via site