Scrum Master for Thomas Cook (Kyiv)
The Thomas Cook Group is the oldest and best known name in leisure travel with a history of innovation that started in 1841. Then Company is proud to serve the 19 million customers who chose to travel with TC each year and, are focused on transforming their business so that they can serve even more customers in ways that deliver better holiday dreams.
Thomas Cook is supported by 21,813 employees and operates from 15 source markets; it’s a leading company(by revenue) in all its core domains. Thomas Cook Group plcʼs shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The Companyʼs very essence is to deliver inspiring personal journeys as the trusted pioneer in global travel. The core of our strategy is to deliver a high-tech, high-touch approach and being there for their customers wherever, whenever and however they want to connect with Company. TC Group is building the capability to support personalized customer interaction through micro-segmentation, social media integration, and powerful recommendation analytics.
On behalf of Thomas Cook, Ciklum is looking for an experienced Scrum Master to join its Kyiv team on a full-time basis. This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting Team that delivers a standard-bearing product within the travel industry.
The Scrum Master will focus on educating and coaching to create a high-performing, self-organising team rather than taking a project management approach of monitoring and tracking. The Scrum Master will help the team to take accountability for its results, providing help and support along the way. As a passionate agilist, the Scrum Master will spend each day creating the environment for success in both the team, and the organisation.
Chained with product, marketing, optimization and analytics teams we all work together to deliver all requested features in order to make our website the most amazing travel platform in the world.
- Ensure that the theory, practices and rules of Scrum are understood and enacted,
- Serve and coach the Product Owner:
- Advise on techniques for Product Backlog management,
- Teach some techniques for empirical product planning,
- Help to understand the need for clearly expressed Product Backlog Items,
- Advise on how to order the Product Backlog to maximise the value of the Product,
- Facilitate Scrum events as requested,
- Serve and coach the Development Team:
- Foster an environment for the Team to become high-performing and self-organising,
- Protect Team from external interruptions and unhelpful interactions,
- Facilitate the removal of impediments to the Team’s progress,
- Help the Team to create a high-value, high-quality product that is ‘Done’ each Sprint,
- Support the Team to continuously improve through raising awareness, responsibility and helping to generate options,
- Facilitate Scrum events as requested,
- Serve and coach the Organisation:
- Lead and coach the organisation in its Scrum adoption,
- Help employees and stakeholders understand and enact Scrum and empirical product development,
- Engage in organisational/systemic change that increases the productivity of the Scrum Team,
- Work with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organisation
- Experience of being dedicated, full-time Scrum Master is a must (without mixing other roles),
- Successfully helping Teams to become more effective at building great products with Scrum,
- Passionate about, and has deep and broad knowledge of Scrum and Agile,
- Great communication, listening, questioning skills,
- Enjoys helping and protecting, people and teams,
- Understands team dynamics and can help teams to become more effective,
- Great facilitation skills and can design and run engaging and effective Sprint Retrospectives,
- Clear understanding of Scrum Master, Project Manager, Product Owner roles and its boundaries,
- Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) or equivalent
- Fluent English
- Great training, mentoring and coaching skills,
- Experience as a software engineer, developer or QA,
- Ability to influence and motivate without hierarchical authority,
- Comfortable engaging with senior leaders and stakeholders to create change,
- Certified Scrum Professional® (CSP) or equivalent
- Good attitude to people management practices.
- Persistent focus on delivery in a high-velocity and high-availability environment.
- Ability to work under pressure with ‘can do’ attitude and solid sense for setting priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to deal with ambiguity and drive on solutions, positive approach for difficulties and imaginative problem solver.
What's in it for you
- Ability to work on challenging, large project within one of the most successful European companies.
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions.
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client.
- Competitive salary.
- Career and professional growth.
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company.
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits.
Client video presentationApply via site