Ciklum is looking for an Expert Data Engineer to join our team full-time in Bulgaria.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations worldwide.
Our recently opened delivery hub in Sofia brings exciting global opportunities for Bulgarian tech talents.
About the role:
As an Expert Data Engineer, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for Our Client.
Our client is an exciting tech company and the leading sports betting provider in Germany and globally. Our mission is to electrify the sports betting experience for every customer, every bet. is a product organization at its core.
All of the client’s functions are aligned towards delivering the best end-to-end product experience to customers. Product and technology teams work hand-in-hand to advance the development of client’s products and services.
The team works together with a great deal of decision-making freedom, and a high degree of flexibility in a network of agile teams.
Technology Stack: Python, SQL, AWS.
- Responsible for the building, deployment, and maintenance of mission critical analytics solutions that process data quickly at big data scales
- Contributes design, code, configurations, and documentation for components that manage data ingestion, real time streaming, batch processing, data extraction, transformation, and loading across multiple data storages
- Owns one or more key components of the infrastructure and works to continually improve it, identifying gaps and improving the platform’s quality, robustness, maintainability, and speed
- Cross-trains other team members on technologies being developed, while also continuously learning new technologies from other team members
- Interacts with engineering teams and ensures that solutions meet customer requirements in terms of functionality, performance, availability, scalability, and reliability
- Performs development, QA, and dev-ops roles as needed to ensure total end to end responsibility of solutions
- Works directly with business analysts and data scientists to understand and support their usecases
- Contribute in CoE activities and community building, participate in conferences, provide excellence in exercise and best practices
- Help in sales activities, customer meetings and digital services
- 5+ years of experience coding in Python, SQL, with solid CS fundamentals including data structure and algorithm design
- Experience on large-scale production databases and SQL
- Time-series/analytics databases, preferably Elasticsearch or OpenSearch
- Experience either with:
- ETL: Experience with ETL development (extractions, data load, aggregation, ideally experience with Talend)
- Real time engineering: Hands-on implementation experience/ familiarity working with a combination of the following technologies: Hadoop, NIFI, Kafka, Spark, and Hudi
- 2+ years of experience in cloud data platforms – AWS: S3, Athena, EC2, RedShift, EMR, and Lambda
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes
- Knowledge of SQL and MPP databases (e.g. Vertica, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing, design, implementation and optimization
- Knowledge of Data Quality testing, automation and results visualization
- Knowledge of BI reports and dashboards design and implementation
- Knowledge of development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience participating in an Agile software development team, e.g. SCRUM
- Experience designing, documenting, and defending designs for key components in large distributed computing systems
- A consistent track record of delivering exceptionally high-quality software on large, complex, cross-functional projects
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering from a top CS program required. Masters preferred
- Experience with supporting data scientists and complex statistical usecases highly desirable
- Experience with Airflow
- Coding experience with Java/Scala
- Familiarity with Apache Hudi
- Collaborative, willing to help, talkative, able to clearly express and discuss ideas
- Curious mind and willingness to work with client in consultative manner to find areas to improve
- Upper-Intermediate or Advanced English
- Good analytical skills
- Good team player, motivated to develop and solve complex tasks
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and result-oriented
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
What's in it for you
- Care: your mental and physical health is our priority. We ensure comprehensive company-paid medical insurance, Mental Health programs, Multisport cards, as well as financial and legal consultations
- Tailored education path: boost your skills and knowledge with our regular internal events (meetups, conferences, workshops), Udemy licence, language courses and company-paid certifications
- Growth environment: share your experience and level up your expertise with a community of skilled professionals, locally and globally
- Flexibility: choose how you want to work – a 100% remote or on-sight in our office at the heart of Sofia. Own your schedule – you are the one to decide when to start your working day. Just don’t miss your regular team stand-up
- Opportunities: we value our specialists and always find the best options for them. Our Internal Mobility Program helps change a project if needed to help you grow, excel professionally and fulfil your potential
- Global impact: work on large-scale projects that redefine industries with international and fast-growing clients
- Welcoming environment: feel empowered with a friendly team, open-door policy, informal atmosphere within the company and regular team-building events
Ciklum entered Bulgaria in 2022 to expand its presence in Eastern Europe and is ready to welcome bright talents.
Be a part of a big story created right now – let’s grow our delivery centre in Bulgaria together. Boost your skills and knowledge: create and innovate with like-minded professionals as a part of a global company with a local spirit and start-up soul.
Be bold, not bored!
Interested already? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.