Ciklum is looking for an Expert Java Developer to join our team full-time in Bulgaria.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations worldwide.
Our recently opened delivery hub in Sofia brings exciting global opportunities for Bulgarian tech talents.
About the role:
As an Expert Java Developer, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for our Client.
About the Project:
PagoNxt helps people and businesses prosper by delivering the best-in-class innovative payment solutions to our customers.
Our technologies, solutions and teams help our clients solve all their daily payment needs in a broad range of services, including merchant, international trade, or peer-to-peer payments.
With headquarters in Madrid and a team of 1,400 payment experts worldwide, PagoNxt delivers its value proposition to more than 1,1 million merchants and 300k international SME´s and corporates worldwide.
More than 170 years of banking experience and 145 million clients worldwide support PagoNxt as the backbone of the payments strategy of Banco Santander.
Because we are all about Payments, because we are the Next generation.
- Lead development team
- Lead and improve the decision-making process in design solution architecture, solution development, architecture and code review
- Back-end development to meet customer’s business needs and implement components according to modern software development environment (cloud-based platforms, microservice architecture, etc.)
- Develop and review feature design documents and provide inputs/update to specifications for the solution
- Design and implement a set of various types of tests (unit, integration, functional, etc)
- Proactive position in architecture preparation, solution development, processes improvements
- Working in an international distributed team in an Agile environment
- Communicate with PMs, engineers, Architects, QA and other colleagues and stakeholders
- Delivering the product roadmap and plannings
- To use high coding standards, software best practices and write highly testable, automatable and performant code over the whole SDLC
- Experience in software development for more than 7 years
- Excellent knowledge in Computer Science, Computing Theory:
- Paradigm & Principles (OOP, SOLID, DDD, TDD, BDD)
- Database theory (RDBMS, NoSQL)
- Code testing practices
- Data structures
- Architectural, Enterprise and Design Patterns
- Deployment patterns
- Security patterns, Reverse engineering resistance, Common attacks types (OWASP)
- Understanding of network interactions:
- conventions (e.g. REST, RPC)
- authentication and authorization flows
- standards and practices (e.g. oAuth, JWT)
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Java (more than 5 years)
- Practical commercial experience with:
- REST API development
- Web application frameworks (e.g. Spring Boot Framework) (more than 4 years)
- Testing frameworks (e.g.e.g. JUnit, PowerMock, WiresMock) (more than 4 years)
- ORM (e.g. Hibernate) (more than 2 years)
- RDBMS (e.g MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle) (more than 4 years)
- NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, ElasticSearch, CouchDB)
- Search Engines (e.g. ElasticSearch, Azure Search, Apache Solr)
- Key-value storages (e.g. Redis, Memcached)
- Messaging systems (e.g. RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka, Active MQ, AWS SQS, Azure Service Bus, Google Pub/Sub)
- Web Servers
- Version control systems (GIT)
- Cloud solutions (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure)
- Integration with 3rd party solutions
- Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Apache Camel, Gitlab Pipeline, Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo)
- Experience with:
- Leading Team
- Troubleshooting, profiling and debugging applications
- Creation software architecture and design of complex applications, platforms, microservices solutions
- Agile software processes and technologies
- Code Review process
- Refactoring process
- Fluent English
- Certifications on:
- Spring Frameworks
- Cloud providers
- Delivery processes (SAFe, Agile, etc)
- Experience with Leading and Supporting medium to large size solution delivery projects
- Understanding of orchestration and containerisation (e.g. Kubernetes, Swarm)
- Practical commercial experience with:
- Serverless architecture
- Provisioning tools (e.g. Terraform, Ansible)
- Quality tools (e.g. SonarQube)
What's in it for you
- Care: your mental and physical health is our priority. We ensure comprehensive company-paid medical insurance, Mental Health programs, Multisport cards, as well as financial and legal consultations
- Tailored education path: boost your skills and knowledge with our regular internal events (meetups, conferences, workshops), Udemy licence, language courses and company-paid certifications
- Growth environment: share your experience and level up your expertise with a community of skilled professionals, locally and globally
- Flexibility: choose how you want to work – a 100% remote or on-sight in our office at the heart of Sofia. Own your schedule – you are the one to decide when to start your working day. Just don’t miss your regular team stand-up
- Opportunities: we value our specialists and always find the best options for them. Our Internal Mobility Program helps change a project if needed to help you grow, excel professionally and fulfil your potential
- Global impact: work on large-scale projects that redefine industries with international and fast-growing clients
- Welcoming environment: feel empowered with a friendly team, open-door policy, informal atmosphere within the company and regular team-building events
Ciklum entered Bulgaria in 2022 to expand its presence in Eastern Europe and is ready to welcome bright talents.
Be a part of a big story created right now – let’s grow our delivery centre in Bulgaria together. Boost your skills and knowledge: create and innovate with like-minded professionals as a part of a global company with a local spirit and start-up soul.
Be bold, not bored!
Interested already? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.