The Thomas Cook Group is the oldest and best known name in leisure travel with a history of innovation that started in 1841. Then Company is proud to serve the 19 million customers who chose to travel with TC each year and, are focused on transforming their business so that they can serve even more customers in ways that deliver better holiday dreams.
Thomas Cook is supported by 21,813 employees and operates from 15 source markets; it’s a leading company(by revenue) in all its core domains. Thomas Cook Group plcʼs shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The Companyʼs very essence is to deliver inspiring personal journeys as the trusted pioneer in global travel. The core of our strategy is to deliver a high-tech, high-touch approach and being there for their customers wherever, whenever and however they want to connect with Company. TC Group is building the capability to support personalized customer interaction through micro-segmentation, social media integration, and powerful recommendation analytics.
On behalf of Thomas Cook, Ciklum is looking for Front End Developer to join Kiev team on full-time basis.
We are a team in a leading Europe travel company. Our mission is to drive our development towards the high-quality continuous delivery process.
We focus on agile delivery, using Continuous Integration and we are exploring Continuous Delivery. Our squads follow agile processes (Scrum or Kanban), to deliver the best value for our business. These squads are agile teams with analysis, development and testing capabilities, they work with Java / NodeJS / Angular (with an option of other development languages in the future). Services developed by the squads mainly get deployed to Rackspace, but we are moving step by step to AWS completely, with automated code and deployment pipelines.
As a Front End Developer you will be a part of new digital technology team involved in designing and building large-scale single-page web application that scale to millions of customers, billions of pounds in revenue and thousands of requests per millisecond.
- Build the leanest, fastest UI for our Client web sites using core client-side technologies like AngularJS/Angular(we are migrating to Angular) and best practice techniques from Material Design;
- Advocate quality, W3C standards, and best practice techniques within your agile development team, and influence colleagues to make the best development decisions by keeping your skills up to date and sharing your knowledge;
- Anticipate issues and risks at the module level and escalate appropriately;
- Build cross-browser / cross-device compatible pages to W3C and Client standards (including Accessibility compliance), removing legacy / problematic code and suggesting improvements;
- Meet demand and hit development deadlines;
- Develop, document, consume and support maintainable, reusable UI components with a multi-market & multi-language platform vision in mind;
- Grow your skills and share your knowledge with other developers (and beyond) to support our High-Tech High Touch business strategy.
- Knowledge of AngularJS/Angular including Angular CLI, Angular Material;
- Experience in responsive and adaptive designs;
- Demonstrable knowledge of responsive CSS, Accessibility, SEO, cutting edge UI techniques and relevant W3C standards;
- Upper intermediate level of English.
- Experience with RxJS/NGRX;
- Experience with Agile ways of working with the ability to interpret business requirements from user stories, to size, estimate and groom the backlog.
- An eye for detail, strong logic and analytical skills, and the ability to document solutions;
- Open-minded and ready for rapid changes;
- Drive for continual improvement;
- Strong communication skills.
What's in it for you
- A unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with colleagues abroad on a day-to-day basis;
- Competitive salary;
- Career opportunities within big and well-known travel provider from Europe;
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company;
- Possibility to work from home one day per week (after the trial period is passed);
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits.
Client video presentation