Just Eat Takeaway.com is a leading global online food delivery marketplace headquartered in Amsterdam and listed on the London Stock Exchange.
We've built our business on having the widest choice available on our platform – connecting millions of customers with over 155,000 restaurants across 24 countries - with over 100 different cuisines from local independents to globally famous restaurants, available to order via our app and website.
We provide the platform and tools to help independent restaurants move online and reach a significantly broader customer base – to generate increased orders and grow their businesses. We also provide the insights, advice, and support our growing community needs to satisfy customers and help raise standards across a vibrant takeaway sector.
We’re built to deliver behind the scenes too. To make Just Eat the great company it is, it takes a great team of people. Which is why all of our colleagues are welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where they feel they can belong. We're passionate about nurturing our people and offer a full programme of training and support to our employees – helping them to develop their careers in a way that suits them.
No matter who you are, what you look like, who you love, where you are from, religious beliefs or takeaway preferences you could find your place at Just Eat Takeaway.com. We’re a diverse and inclusive workplace that promotes a sense of belonging, allowing all of our people to bring their most colourful and complex selves to work every day.
You can read more about us at: https://www.justeattakeaway.
On behalf of Just Eat Takeaway, Ciklum is looking for a Front End Engineer for our team in Kyiv on a full-time basis.
Our principles are at the core of how we meet our responsibilities. As a member of your team, you’ll need to demonstrate those principles and make them a core part of how you work day to day:
- Take responsibility
- Continuously improve
- Take pride and be proactive
- Be transparent
- Have a good sense of humor
Every member of the Technology Team is responsible for:
- The availability, security, scalability of our e-commerce platform
- Delivering our product roadmap
- Planning for the future
We don’t divide responsibility for development and operation of our platform, so you and your team will support the changes you make all the way through to operating successfully in production at peak times. Our product development teams are growing because we have a huge number of ideas of how to improve the experience customers and restaurants have. As an Engineer, you will need to play a key role in turning those ideas into reality. You’ll need to:
- Track the progress that you are making towards the wider goals of your team, and transparently communicate that progress to your team and Technology Manager
- Keep to the processes, standards and designs that your team has agreed
- Ensure you and others continuously improve by proposing and then implementing new processes, designs and engineering practices that make your team more effective
- Contribute to the definition of product features, including in workshops with other product development teams
- Communicate the technical work of your team to other product development teams
- Take responsibility for supporting your changes all the way through to proving that they work well – and continue to work well – in production
- 3+ years excellent knowledge of HTML5, CSS3
- 3+ years experience with JS
- 1+ years experience with React/Redux
- Experience with unit testing for React applications (Jest, Enzyme/testing-library-react)
- Experience with Sass
- Experience with Typescript
- Familiar with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, npm, etc
- Knowledge of UI design best practices
- Understanding of main usability principles to improve user experience
- Experience in developing complex web applications with rich UI
- Experience with refactoring techniques, anti-patterns and code smells
- Experience with React Native
- Experience with Cypress
- Experience with Docker
- Being able to gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and teammates
- Being able to prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Ability to work collaboratively with others both locally and remotely
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal English
- Continuous improvement
What's in it for you
- We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. So you and your team will have the authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities to the rest of the platform and company
- An environment in which good, evidence-based arguments are always listened to, and will win out
- Regular 1-to-1 meetings with your manager, with support and guidance to set and then meet personal career objectives
- An open, friendly and fun environment; we have a relaxed dress code and regular social events
- Regular hackathons – use your imagination, ideas and technologies of your choice to innovate and deliver prototypes of new products
Client video presentation