JUST EAT is the world leader in online takeaway ordering - processing millions of orders across 12 major markets, with a clear #1 position in all of these. We have achieved this by building a growing network of over 63,000 restaurant partners and continuing to commit major investment into our technology platform, our brand and our people. Just Eat is now firmly established as one of the UK’s leading consumer brands, we are all about choice and are helping the nation ‘find your flavour' as we embark on creating the world's greatest food community.
Following our IPO in 2014, Just Eat is now well established as one of the most successful, innovative and high growth technology companies in Europe, with year-on-year order growth of over 50%.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Globally we have 2500 Just Eaters. They embody our values: Make Happy, Razor Sharp and Big Hearted. We truly believe it’s the people that make Just Eat the great company it is. We have an incredibly open culture. We’re about making everyone feel comfortable, sharing ideas and trying out new things.
On behalf of EAT.ch by Just Eat (www.eat.ch), Ciklum is looking for Front End Engineer for our team in Kyiv on full-time basis.
EAT.ch is established online takeaway market leaders in Switzerland. EAT.ch future growth and stability are critical to the wider success of the JUST EAT Group. Our engineering team is responsible for delivering all the changes to EAT.ch high-transactional platform and has a complete feature ownership all the way from initial technical design to ensuring they operate successfully in production at peak times.
- Writing and reviewing code, fixing bugs in existing projects
- Planning and prototyping new applications
- Planning features, analyze design, UI/UX
- Improve existing applications, performance/code base
- Testing sites and applications in different browsers and environments
- Testing new features thoroughly to ensure they perform the correct task in all cases
- Excellent knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 (3+ years)
- Experience with JS (1.5+ years)
- Good understanding of BEM approach
- Sass/Less is a must
- Familiar with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, npm, etc.
- Experience with refactoring techniques, anti-patterns and code smells
- Strong understanding of performance optimization techniques including memory leaks detection
- Knowledge of UI design best practices
- Understanding the main usability principles to improve the user experience
You’ll have an advantage if you have experience of:
- Experience with experiments and a/b testing.
- Working within a high-transactional e-commerce business
- Experience in developing complex web applications with rich UI
- Production experience with Vue.js/React.js, ES6
- Experience in writing unit tests
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and teammates
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Ability to work collaboratively with others both locally and remotely
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal English
- Continuous improvement
What's in it for you
- We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. So you and your team will have the authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities to the rest of the platform and company
- An environment in which good, evidence-based arguments are always listened to, and will win out
- Regular 1-to-1 meetings with your manager, with support and guidance to set and then meet personal career objectives
- An open, friendly and fun environment; we have a relaxed dress code and regular social events
- Regular hackathons – use your imagination, ideas and technologies of your choice to innovate and deliver prototypes of new products
Client video presentation