Dennis is one of the UK’s top magazine and online publishers and one of the most innovative, successful and respected publishers across the world. As the 6th largest consumer magazine publisher, Dennis has transformed its business from its traditional print publishing roots to a true multi-platform, award-winning media company, with a group turnover of over £130m.
The company has launched and owned some of the world’s biggest global magazine and online brands – including Alphr, Den of Geek, The Week and Buyacar. Today, Dennis is one of the most dynamic media companies in the UK. The company’s portfolio of over 30 brands operates in four areas of excellence: Current Affairs, Technology, Automotive and Lifestyle, reaching over 50million unique users and selling over 2.5million magazines every month.
Dennis won best 'Media Company' of the year, and Buyacar won best 'Digital Product of the Year', at last night's British Media Awards!
General Dennis information and videos:
On behalf of Dennis Publishing, Ciklum is looking for Front End Tech Lead to join Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
As Front End Tech Lead you will be responsible for new and ongoing implementation within Dennis’ digital platform. You’ll work closely with the Head of Frontend Development and Technical Operations Director as part of an award winning digital department to conceptualise and build technical solutions using modern tools and techniques.
An ideal candidate will have a genuine passion for challenging themselves, developing cutting edge products and the drive towards growing a market leading, component based, API driven platform for Dennis to build upon for years to come.
Reporting to: Head of Front End Development
- Identifying and communicating complex technical challenges.
- Evaluating and suggesting for our most difficult architectural solutions.
- Hands on coding of key functionality and high risk project areas.
- Reviewing code to ensuring quality and consistency.
- Technical mentorship of the team to promote quality of code.
- Sharing of best practice knowledge within the team.
- Ensuring robust and consistent testing of solutions is in place.
- Distribution of technical tasks to project based teams.
- Feedback on teams technical skill levels and areas for development.
- Excellent understanding of modern frontend architectural solutions.
- Strong hands on experience with React. (2 years+)
- Strong experience using state-management techniques.
- Strong working knowledge with RESTful APIs.
- Focus on end user performance optimization.
- Experience working with Node.js and SSR.
- A compulsive drive to test everything you build.
- A hunger to learn and grow as a developer.
- Mature, self-organized and responsible person.
- Able and willing to help other team members with their tasks where needed.
What's in it for you
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client.
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities.
- Competitive salary.
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions.