The Thomas Cook Group is the oldest and best known name in leisure travel with a history of innovation that started in 1841. Then Company is proud to serve the 19 million customers who chose to travel with TC each year and, are focused on transforming their business so that they can serve even more customers in ways that deliver better holiday dreams.
Thomas Cook is supported by 21,813 employees and operates from 15 source markets; it’s a leading company(by revenue) in all its core domains. Thomas Cook Group plcʼs shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The Companyʼs very essence is to deliver inspiring personal journeys as the trusted pioneer in global travel. The core of our strategy is to deliver a high-tech, high-touch approach and being there for their customers wherever, whenever and however they want to connect with Company. TC Group is building the capability to support personalized customer interaction through micro-segmentation, social media integration, and powerful recommendation analytics.
On behalf of Thomas Cook, Ciklum is looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer to join the Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
As a Front End Developer you will be part of the “Digital Projects & User Experience” team, which is responsible for a large-scale single-page web application as a white-label platform with 11 clients and millions of revenue.
The key responsibility is the development of our Front End layer and the middleware. The node.js middleware is the logical connection layer between Front- and Back End application. Our Front End is developed as a mobile first approach and your responsibility is keeping the technology state of the art. You will be in contact closely to the design team as well as the solution architecture.
Our cross functional teams working together within a full Scrum setup, to ensure an efficient and agile development process.
- Build a highly scalable and modern UI for our Client web sites using technologies like Angular 7
- Advocate quality and best practice techniques within your agile development team
- Build cross-browser / cross-device compatible pages
- Enhance the node.js middleware as a logic layer between Front- and Back End applications
- Meet demand and hit development deadlines
- Suggest optimization regarding performance of the web sites
- Grow your skills and share your knowledge with other developers (and beyond) to have a continuous improvement of quality and technology.
- Strong knowledge of Angular 6+
- Experience designing and building production Node.js applications
- Knowledge of Node.js concepts and modules
- Experience with any Node.js HTTP framework for example express
- Knowledge of building web services with Swagger
- Proven Front End development experience in responsive and adaptive design
- An eye for detail, strong logic and analytical skills, and the ability to document solutions
- Knowledge of concepts, methodologies and processes used in application development, web design, UX and version control, testing, quality control and site deployments
- Experience with Agile ways of working with the ability to interpret business requirements from user stories, to size, estimate and groom the backlog
- Speak English fluently
- Experience developing Angular single page application
- Experience developing multi-site & multi-language applications
- Excited about building great software and gets energized by solving complex problems
- Ability to work under pressure with ‘can do’ attitude and solid sense for setting priorities
- Distinct customer focus, quality mind-set and analytical skills combined with ability to develop creative solutions
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with ability to deal with ambiguity and drive independently (or collaboratively with team) on solutions
What's in it for you
- A unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with colleagues abroad on a day-to-day basis;
- Competitive salary;
- Career opportunities within big and well-known travel provider from Europe;
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company;
- Possibility to work from home one day per week (after the trial period is passed);
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits.
Client video presentation