Aller Holding A/S early began to publish magazines in both Norway and Sweden. Aller Media AB (previously Svenska Aller AB) was founded in 1894 followed by Aller Media AS (previously Norsk Aller AS) in 1897. In 1992 publication in Finland began with the foundation of Aller Media OY (previously Aller Julkaisut OY).
Today Aller Holding A/S appears as the parent company of a modern media group, which is the leading publisher of weeklies in the Nordic countries with its weekly circulation of approximately 2,7 mio. issues. Today the 5th generation is running the company.
DB Medialab is the digital arm of Norway’s second largest tabloid newspaper, Dagbladet, reaching 1.4 million Norwegians every day on all platforms. We also run several other digital services and sites, including dbtv.no, Pressfire.no, Kjendis.no, 123spill.no and Se.no.
Our aim is for the Ukraine team to over time become an integral part of DB Medialab, and should be involved in the creative and strategic planning as well as technical processes. We see this as a long-term collaboration, and are looking for committed and passionate developers who pride themselves on being up-to-date on new technology.
On behalf of Aller Media, Ciklum is looking for a Full Stack Developer to join the Odessa team on a full-time basis.
You will be working on many of the brands belonging to the Norwegian part of Aller Media. Our portfolio is based on custom apps based on different frameworks and Labrador CMS. You have an awesome team with you at our office in Odessa, and a set of product owners that are really eager and involved to make great products, both commercial and for our users.
In terms of technology we use Node.js, React and Go as our primary stack. Everything runs on Kubernetes in Google Cloud.
The team is responsible for all development on several of our brands, many of them have several hundred thousand unique users every day! When our new services are set up and in production, they will still need some tender loving care and continuous development.
The upside with our team is that the portfolio has stakeholders from a large part of our Norwegian organization. The team we want you to join has an internal credibility of being agile, fast, friendly and fixing real problems. On top of this you will have the room to widen your skillset and become an even better developer. Because we will challenge you!
As English is our preferred language for communication it is really important that you are skilled in both written and verbal English. We have standups on video every morning.
- We want you to help us create and give the applications in the portfolio the appropriate attention;
- As a team member you probably know where your key competence will be of best use. Help solving issues everywhere along the stack. Your suggestions will be valued.
- 3+ years of experience in software development;
- 1+ year of experience with Go or similar (Rust, C++, Java etc.);
- Experience with a micro service architecture;
- Experience with Google Cloud, AWS, or Azure;
- Strong English language skills.
- Dynamic and quality-oriented;
- Team player, communicative.
What's in it for you
- Friendly and driven team;
- Competitive salary;
- Lunch and Learn – meetings ones in few weeks where each team member can share some interesting thoughts/ideas with the team while having lunch;
- Corporate Hackathons;
- Access to the stakeholder – real feedback from the end users;
- State of the art, cool offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions;
- Team buildings.