The Thomas Cook Group is the oldest and best known name in leisure travel with a history of innovation that started in 1841. Then Company is proud to serve the 19 million customers who chose to travel with TC each year and, are focused on transforming their business so that they can serve even more customers in ways that deliver better holiday dreams.
Thomas Cook is supported by 21,813 employees and operates from 15 source markets; it’s a leading company(by revenue) in all its core domains. Thomas Cook Group plcʼs shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The Companyʼs very essence is to deliver inspiring personal journeys as the trusted pioneer in global travel. The core of our strategy is to deliver a high-tech, high-touch approach and being there for their customers wherever, whenever and however they want to connect with Company. TC Group is building the capability to support personalized customer interaction through micro-segmentation, social media integration, and powerful recommendation analytics.
On behalf of Thomas Cook, Ciklum is looking for Full stack JS Technical Lead to join Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
This role will provide a centre of expertise for leading the development teams on technical implementation of technical solutions for the Thomas Cook Money business as required by the commercial team across, Banking, Pre-Paid cards, Insurance, Loyalty and CRM and across markets and channels (web, mobile and integration). Working with the Chief Architect & development leads, the jobholder will ensure that solutions are functionality delivered, for both applications and infrastructure meets the business needs and comply with technical policies and architectures.
- Ensuring technical designs for delivery of new services /projects and functionalities by the external supply base, are aligned to the technology strategy and platform.
- Automate the operation and management of the cloud infrastructure for the digital editions application and various Enterprise applications.
- Be the technical subject matter expert for the TCM application teams for cloud infrastructure.
- Manage technical queries by third party partners and internal teams.
- Configuration and management of CI and CD environments and tools.
- Provide application developers secure platforms to manage credentials and configuration options.
- Support application developers in debugging and architecting solutions on a cloud environment.
- Effective monitoring and logging of applications.
- Provide and maintain a secure platform for TCM to deploy and run its applications.
- Communicates the solution design to the system integrators with sufficient detail to allow them to deliver the solution as specified.
- Works closely with third party vendors and suppliers, overseeing development and maintenance tasks and ensuring solutions meet the required specification and meet the required quality, performance and security standards.
- Work with the security manager to deliver a compliant platform for TCM to base its applications off.
- Create solution documentation, required to release and support the product.
- Proven experience of using Amazon Web Services (AWS) including AWS services/products such as EC2, S3, CloudFormation, CloudFront, Elastic Load Balancing, RDS, CloudWatch and overall account structure / security.
- Good general technical understanding across digital and enterprise applications and infrastructure. Familiarity with the following technologies: AWS, NoSQL and SQL databases)
- Experience in using configuration management tools like Ansible
- Experience of writing and maintaining serverless applications on AWS
- API development experience. Experience of securing API endpoints with technologies like oAuth and SAML
- Experience with relational database systems such as MySQL and a good working knowledge of SQL
- Experience with working with NoSQL type database systems such as MongoDB and a working knowledge of ElasticSearch
- Experience with Docker and container eco-system
- Experience at debugging multi-tier architecture systems using the relevant tools, such as APM and RUM
- Experience with using logging tools like ELK to provide auditing of platforms and tools for application teams to use
- Knowledge of security frameworks to produce secure platforms for protected data ready for GDPR and other global requirements. Knowledge of security products like WAF and IDS to provide cover to web based applications with data needing to be secure
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Thrives and enjoys working in a Change environment with all the ambiguity that can bring
- Technology or delivery experience in a financial service environment
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Good personal organisation skills, ability to prioritise and multi-task.
- Collaborative nature and able to work within a team, as well as able to work independently using own initiative.
- Evidence of delivering major technical change in a large organisation
- Ability to influence at all levels, able to provide persuasive fact-based arguments to comply with standards and policies.
What's in it for you
- Possibility to grow professionally as a Front-end/FullStack Developer
- Ability to work on challenging, large project with complex high load e-commerce platform
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- Competitive salary
- Mac workstation
- Career and professional growth
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
Client video presentation