JUST EAT is the world leader in online takeaway ordering - processing millions of orders across 12 major markets, with a clear #1 position in all of these. We have achieved this by building a growing network of over 63,000 restaurant partners and continuing to commit major investment into our technology platform, our brand and our people. Just Eat is now firmly established as one of the UK’s leading consumer brands, we are all about choice and are helping the nation ‘find your flavour' as we embark on creating the world's greatest food community.
Following our IPO in 2014, Just Eat is now well established as one of the most successful, innovative and high growth technology companies in Europe, with year-on-year order growth of over 50%.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Globally we have 2500 Just Eaters. They embody our values: Make Happy, Razor Sharp and Big Hearted. We truly believe it’s the people that make Just Eat the great company it is. We have an incredibly open culture. We’re about making everyone feel comfortable, sharing ideas and trying out new things.
Every member of the Technology team is responsible for:
- The availability, security, scalability of our e-commerce platform.
- Delivering our product roadmap.
- Planning for the future.
- Generating enthusiasm and a sense of both technical and product pride
- 3+ years Strong knowledge PHP (5+, 7+)
- Strong experience with frameworks such as Laravel/Symfony
- MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch etc.
- Experience with REST API development
- Experience in writing tests using PHPUnit/Selenium
- CI/CD experience; (TeamCity/Jenkins)
- Experience with development using AWS services
- Experience working on high-volume, scalable customer-facing solutions.
- Comfortable with Linux environment
- 1+ year Experience of a JS with production-ready application (e.g. Vue, Angular, React)
- NPM, webpack
- Experience with Sass or Less.
- JS Unit tests
- Experience working in an E-commerce company.
- To be familiar with virtualization and containerization system (Vagrant, Docker)
- Knowledge of Python
- DevOps skills: Terraform, Packer, Ansible
- Ability to work collaboratively with others both locally and remotely.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal English.
- Continuous improvement
What's in it for you
We believe that a good working environment and happy people are key to success. So, here’s a snippet of what you can expect from your day to day working atmosphere:
- The opportunity to become an authoritative voice within the engineering team.
- Being a part of a large and successful, but still fast growing company.
- An environment in which good, evidence-based arguments are always listened to, and will win out hands down.
- Regular 1-2-1 meetings with your Team Lead, with support and guidance to set and then meet your personal career objectives.
- An open, friendly and fun environment; we have a relaxed dress code and regular social events, including sundowners every Friday.
- Hackathons – use your imagination, ideas and technologies of your choice to innovate and deliver prototypes of new products
Client video presentation