Sisense, the cutting edge BI company, dedicated to be one step ahead of the market. We love innovation, we always seek better solutions and customer delight.Turning complexity into simplicity is our goal and we take no less than ‘WOW!’.
Sisense provides a single stack BI solution, from a blazing fast analytical server that can mash up big and complex data sets out of various source providers, through a killer Data Prep product, to a powerful reporting product that turns data into insights and business value that can be shared across the organization.
Established in 2004, Sisense has an office on Wall Street in New York City, where the sales and marketing team sits, and two offices in Tel Aviv, Israel, where R&D, worldwide sales, and support are located. Hundreds of businesses, from Fortune 500 companies to innovative start-ups, are using Sisense to crunch their data and uncover insights. eBay, ESPN, Sony, NASA, and Motorola are just a few example of the leading companies who have chosen Sisense as their BI tool.
On behalf of Sisense, Ciklum is looking for a Full Stack (Ruby) Developer to join our Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
At Sisense, we are on a mission to empower modern data teams to deliver insights to everyone inside and outside their organizations. We bring “power to the builders” by enabling our customers to answer complex questions with data and drive the best business outcomes possible.
You will be joining the Sisense for Cloud Data Teams product development team. On this team, we add awesome features to the Cloud Data Teams product that empowers data teams to quickly connect to cloud data sources, then explore and analyze data in a matter of minutes. It is also one of the best teams for understanding our business, as it touches everything from data ingestion and dashboarding through to permissioning, APIs and integrations. Our engineers do full-stack feature development and we foster an environment of rich learning, development and knowledge sharing.
- First week: You’ll partner with your engineering buddy who will help onboard you with our product and build/deploy processes, and then work with you to ship new code to production
- By Day 30: You will make substantial improvements to existing features, platform services, internal tools, or build processes
- By Day 60: You’ll be contributing to the technical vision and priorities for your team’s future development, finding ways to improve team velocity, and improving architecture
- You write clean code. You have loads of evidence of all the code you write and ship
- You have built full-stack systems using Ruby, Rails and frontend frameworks such as React, Angular or similar
- You have experience with a variety of databases such as Postgres, MySQL or similar
- You have at least a hobbyist-level relationship with data. You find that moment when a datapoint makes you say “hmmm…” to be delightful
- You’re excited to pitch in wherever the team needs help, from writing documentation to supporting customers
- You enjoy working in a caring, customer-obsessed and challenging environment
- You are outcome-focused and proactive. You have solved complex technical challenges to improve customer happiness, developer productivity, and system efficiency
- You enjoy working in an inclusive, collaborative environment and mentoring team members when needed. You believe in achieving collective impact and that we are “better together”
- You have customer empathy and are curious about how your work is going to impact a customer’s use case
- You’re excited to pitch in wherever the team needs help, from investigating issues, debugging together to supporting customers
- You have successfully evangelized and driven best practices related to code quality and testability across teams.
What's in it for you
- Variety of knowledge sharing and training opportunities
- Unique working environment where you will have a chance to communicate and work directly with clients
- Competitive salary
- Career and professional growth
- Possibility to work for a big, global and successful company
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere, which creates really good working conditions
- Ability to improve English communication skills by working in a diverse and distributed team of professionals and meeting with customers