Ciklum is a Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you'll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!
On behalf of Ciklum, we are looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer to join our Ciklum Digital team in Ukraine on a full-time basis. Ciklum is building a team to work on various projects whose primary goal is to improve and automate the customer’s business processes, reduce time and efforts required for various operations.
About the Client:
Client is a fast-paced, dynamic business, with ambitious growth plans and as such already supports a global client base covering the UK, EMEA, and the US.
We help those in insurance and related sectors do things better. Our team of highly skilled actuaries and Insurance Pricing experts develop innovative solutions for our clients.
Client solves this industry need with our proprietary modelling platform, Tyche. Client is able to tackle challenging modelling problems head-on and provide companies with solutions that can be implemented into their daily business discussions by leveraging affordable commodity hardware and ground-breaking advances in parallel software design.
The firm now has over 90 people bringing deep insurance knowledge, actuarial science, and software development skills to a growing client base. Client provides high-quality work, inspiring project teams.
Open to applications from candidates who require flexible working patterns.
As a software engineer, you will form an integral part in the delivery of quality software to meet the needs of our clients. This software will be used in the daily operations by some of the largest insurance companies around the world.
You will utilise best practices such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Test-Driven Development and peer reviews, and be involved in end-to-end software delivery.
A software engineer will be able to contribute to, design and build technical solutions to meet business requirements while adhering to high coding standards and engineering principles. You will typically be part of a small team of engineers who are responsible for a product or set of features and will have access to mentorship from senior engineers.
- Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering Honours degree (2:1 or better) or another technical degree or postgraduate study
- Proficiency with Computer Science fundamentals including algorithms, data-structures, concurrency, performance optimization
- Proficient in at least one object-oriented language (e.g. C#, Java, C++, Objective-C)
- Experience of using Angular to build complex applications
- Understand the importance of testing components, utilizing unit, integration and end-to-end testing models and continuous integration and deployment workflows
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Strong analytical and excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills
- Excellent knowledge and experience in .NET (more than 3 years)
- Practical commercial experience with:
- REST API development
- .NET Framework, .NET Core, ASP.NET (Core, MVC, WebAPI) (more than 3 years)
- Testing frameworks (e.g. e.g. NUnit, XUnit, MSTest) (more than 2 years)
- ORM (e.g. Entity Framework, Dapper) (more than 2 years)
- RDBMS (e.g. SQL Server, MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL) (more than 3 years)
- Key-value storages (e.g. Redis, Memcached)
- Messaging systems (e.g. RabbitMQ, Azure ServiceBus, Apache Kafka, Active MQ, AWS SQS, Google Pub/Sub)
- Web Servers
- Version control systems (GIT)
- Cloud computing platforms (e.g. Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Gitlab Pipeline, Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo)
- Experience with:
- Troubleshooting, profiling and debugging applications
- Creation software architecture and design of complex applications, platforms, microservices solutions
- Agile software processes and technologies
- Code Review process
- Refactoring process
- Fluent or Upper-Intermediate English
- Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications
- Experience with responsive design patterns
- Experience with version control and command line tools
- Knowledge of web, security, and networking protocols
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and implementation experience
- An understanding of how to be efficient with resource usage (e.g., application impact on memory and CPU, caches appropriately, etc.)
- Experience with understanding, profiling, solving performance issues, through use of profiling tools
- Client facing skills
- Work in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Good analytical skills
- Good team player, motivated to develop and solve complex tasks
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and result-oriented
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
- Good communication skills
What's in it for you
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities
- Competitive salary
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
Client video presentation