The Thomas Cook Group is the oldest and best known name in leisure travel with a history of innovation that started in 1841. Then Company is proud to serve the 19 million customers who chose to travel with TC each year and, are focused on transforming their business so that they can serve even more customers in ways that deliver better holiday dreams.
Thomas Cook is supported by 21,813 employees and operates from 15 source markets; it’s a leading company(by revenue) in all its core domains. Thomas Cook Group plcʼs shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The Companyʼs very essence is to deliver inspiring personal journeys as the trusted pioneer in global travel. The core of our strategy is to deliver a high-tech, high-touch approach and being there for their customers wherever, whenever and however they want to connect with Company. TC Group is building the capability to support personalized customer interaction through micro-segmentation, social media integration, and powerful recommendation analytics.
On behalf of Thomas Cook, Ciklum is looking for a Functional Analyst for a fintech project to join the Malaga team on a full-time basis.
As a Functional Analyst you will be working with a development team involved in designing and building large applications based on microservice architecture. These services scale to millions of customers, billions of pounds in revenue and thousands of requests per second.
Work process is an scrum/agile process, which is used by the other teams as well (2 week sprints, 2 week delivery, testers in the team, devops in the team to automate deployment and the usual ceremonies).
Our project tech stack:
- Elixir and NodeJS
- AWS Cloud
This role will contribute on functional analysis of solutions for the Thomas Cook Money business. We will redefine together the future of Banking with Cards, Insurance, Loyalty across markets and channels (web, mobile and integration). Working with the Product Teams, Tech Leads and Third Parties, the jobholder will ensure that solutions are functionality delivered, for both applications and infrastructure meets the business needs and comply with technical policies and architectures.
- Be part of the scrum team and be their point of contact for the questions on features that come into the sprint and which are being worked on the backlog
- Clearly define high level stories, making sure that these are of good quality, checked with business, prioritised, clear on requirements, etc. – and get them in a ready state for development
- Work with product owners and project managers to not only capture their requirements, but also to help provide different options
- Be the point of contact for the Product Owner and application manager regarding progress, known issues, blockers, etc.
- Work closely with the Scrum Master / Tech Lead to deliver what is requested
- Be available to answer any questions coming from the team
- Help clarify the requirements that are on the product roadmap, including capturing input from the development team
- Working with high standards of security and data protection
- Grow your skills and share your knowledge
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Knowledge of Scrum and Agile practices
- Experience in story writing / requirements specification
- Experience with Jira or similar
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Collaborative nature and ability to work within a team
- Good personal organisation skills, ability to prioritise and focus
- Enjoys and gets energized by complex problem solving and ability to push the innovation on solutions
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence senior business, developers and IT executives on agile Quality culture and best practices
- Desirable to have worked in Financial area
- Fluent English Level
What's in it for you
- Possibility to grow professionally as a Functional Analyst
- Ability to work on challenging, large projects with complex high load platform
- State of the art, cool offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Competitive salary
- Career and professional growth
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company
- Long-term employment with 23 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
Client video presentation