Global Head of Data Engineering
Solution Architects vacancies
Ciklum is looking for a Global Head of Data Engineering to join our team full-time in Poland.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations worldwide.
About the role:
As a Global Head of Data Engineering, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for our Client.
This is a unique opportunity for a candidate looking to be a part of a growing business in the Product engineering industry.
The Head of Data Engineering is a key leadership role who works with key internal and external stakeholders to drive how Ciklum can exploit data offerings to drive better business outcomes for our clients. As part of the Ciklum team, this role is responsible for growing and maintaining our Data Engineering Centre of Excellence.
This role will set up the foundations for growing our Centre of Excellence, setting the standards for engineers, our ways of working, crafting our skills and offerings and driving growth of the team across our global delivery centers.
- Set up a strategy for data engineering CoE and drive continuous innovation culture within the teams globally
- Provide expert technical advice and guidance on Data Engineering Services related matters to internal and external clients, bearing on the successful use of complex technologies, frameworks, products, and services
- Drive solutions, products and accelerators creation within own domain in alignment with other functional disciplines
- Lead the team of engaged talents, ensure high performance and continuous development in compliance with Ciklum processes (e.g. workforce planning, hiring, onboarding, performance management, evaluation, retention, etc); support timely internal rotation and bench management
- Ensure team organisational effectiveness e.g. via maintaining healthy seniority mix
- Contribute and maintain to data partnerships and alliances
- Develop, maintain and regularly update technical roadmap (unified delivery framework) and ensure a consistent approach to tracking of deliverables' quality various teams in the organization
- Align internal data capabilities to the unified sales strategy within the business, identifying areas of focus and ensuring we have the necessary delivery capability
- Demonstrate in-depth data skills and have an up-to-date view of, and opinion on, the dynamic data market
- Support Sales and Go-To-Market teams and help customers clarify their requirements, contribute to preparing and supporting bids and sales proposals
- Develop data product/service propositions and take these to market with the GTM team
- Resourcing – develop plans to ensure that the organisation has appropriately skilled talent to meet organisational objectives and commitments
- Performance management – manage individuals and groups, set performance targets, monitor progress against agreed quality and performance criteria
- Knowledge management – provide advice, guidance and support to adopt and embed best-practice approaches to information and knowledge management into all areas of their work
- Learning delivery – plan, schedule and deliver learning activities, based on learning objectives
- Change management – develop implementation plans for complex requests for change and lead implementation of those changes
- Relationship management – facilitate business decision-making processes, ensure open communication and discussion between stakeholders is in place
- Innovation – execute innovation processes via developing, evolving and adopting new market trends, tools, processes
- Strategic planning – drive and contribute to the development of policies, standards and guidelines for strategy development and planning
- 7+ years in Data Engineering or Technology roles
- 3+ years of hands-on technical management experience
- An independent, entrepreneurial, innovative, and fresh thinker in the Data Engineering (big data, data platforms, snowflake, databricks…) offering space
- Excellent interpersonal and communication including superior presentation skills and proven ability to work effectively at all organizational levels
- Strong leadership and management skills with recent experience in growing and developing teams internationally, 50 FTE at least
- Experience in the delivery of large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions
What's in it for you
- Care: your mental and physical health is our priority. We ensure comprehensive company-paid medical insurance, life insurance and Multisport card
- Tailored education path: boost your skills and knowledge with our regular internal events (meetups, conferences, workshops), Udemy license, language courses and company-paid certifications
- Growth environment: share your experience and level up your expertise with a community of skilled professionals, locally and globally
- Flexibility: choose how you want to work – a 100% remote or on-sight in our office in Gdansk or Wroclaw. Own your schedule – you are the one to decide when to start your working day. Just dont miss your regular team stand-up
- Opportunities: we value our specialists and always find the best options for them. Our Internal Mobility Program helps change a project if needed to help you grow, excel professionally and fulfill your potential
- Global impact: work on large-scale projects that redefine industries with international and fast-growing clients
- Welcoming environment: feel empowered with a friendly team, open-door policy, informal atmosphere within the company and regular team-building events
Join a well-established company and a strong team of professionals. Seize the perks of global opportunities, local approach and start-up spirit.
Boost your skills with modern stacks and industry-leading clients!
Enjoy what you do, do what you enjoy!
Be bold, not bored!
Are you already interested? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.