Toradex is a global company strongly focused on engineering & technology. We’re powered by a diverse & uniquely gifted workforce. We pursue the best people to propel our innovative vision of embedded computing. If you’re interested in being a driving force at an agile technology company, engineering clever computing solutions & helping other companies bring their products to life, we should talk.
Devices across numerous industries - medical, transportation, robotics & many more - are powered by Toradex SoMs. We provide effective & robust embedded computing solutions and strive for the best development experience in the industry with a focus on intelligent hardware design, innovative software solutions & free comprehensive support. Our relationship with our customers ensures that we all succeed, and it allows us to participate in the realization of incredible new products.
Toradex provides strong integration of hardware, software, and services. The company offers off-the-shelf products to a broad and global customer base in order to allow the fragmented embedded market to benefit from economies of scale.
Toradex's main products are Arm® processor-based SoMs which are combined with optimized operating systems. Toradex partners with companies like NXP, The Qt Company, and others and are at the edge of technology.
On behalf of Toradex, Ciklum is looking for a Senior Hardware Development Engineer to join Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
As a Hardware Development Engineer, you drive the complete hardware design cycle for new electronic products including:
- System design
- Schematic capturing
- PCB design
You are responsible for developing a highly robust, optimized, and generically usable System on Module, carrier boards, peripheral products, and related products, including complete documentation. You will be working together with product managers and the software development teams during development of new hardware products. You may additionally act as project manager for certain development projects, or work in a project team.
For existing products, you are responsible for:
- Finding and analyzing hardware related problems.
- Redesigning products due to quality, procurement, or other reasons
- Help our FAEs with hardware related questions
- Provide direct customer support for complex hardware related questions
Toradex engages with customers through different channels in order to educate them about our products. Your responsibilities about once or twice a year are:
- You are experienced with electronic product design (5+ years)
- You used CAE tools, ideally Altium Designer
- You are experienced with Verification and validation including compliance tests such as EMC, electrical compliancy of interfaces, etc.
- You have experience in bringing-up prototype hardware.
- You focus on delivering high quality results
- You did designs using Arm based processors, ideally Cortex-A based systems
- You are a good team player and interested to work directly with product managers and other stakeholders.
- You have good English skills, written and spoken (upper intermediate or higher)
- You are agile and motivated to work in a global company which kept its start-up spirit
- You will be reporting to the respective project and team managers as well as to the VP of Engineering in Switzerland.
What's in it for you
- Working in a dynamic global successful company.
- Contribute to various open-source projects.
- Work on the latest HW technology with early access to major SoC vendor.
- Enjoy a flat hierarchy where you may truly shape our HW and SW offerings.
- Experience the full life-cycle from bring-up, stabilization to maintenance first hand.
- Work on challenging cutting edge SW projects like containerization and secure over-the-air update.
- Enjoy your freedom guided by agile processes.
- Count on a diverse team of experienced HW and SW engineers.
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities;
- Competitive salary protected from local currency deviations;
- State-of-the-art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions.