On behalf of Toradex, Ciklum is looking for a Hardware Development Engineer to join our team on a full-time basis.
As part of our Hardware Development team you will be involved in the product development, verification and validation (VaV), and complex customer support cases related to hardware design.
As a Hardware Development Engineer, you drive the complete hardware design cycle for new electronic products including:
- System design
- Schematic capturing
- PCB design
- Hardware bring-up
- Verification and validation including compliance tests such as EMC, electrical compliancy of interfaces, shock and vibration, etc.
You are responsible for developing a highly robust, optimized, and generically usable System on Module, carrier boards, peripheral products, and related products, including complete documentation. You will be working together with product managers and the software development teams during development of new hardware products. You may additionally act as project manager for certain development projects, or work in a project team.
For existing products, you are responsible for:
- Finding and analyzing hardware related problems
- Redesigning products due to quality, procurement, or other reasons
- Compliance tests such as EMC, vibration, electrical compliancy, etc.
- Help our FAEs with hardware related questions
- Provide direct customer support for complex hardware related questions
Toradex engages with customers through different channels in order to educate them about our products. If you like to engage with customers, you may:
- Write blog posts about interesting hardware topics
- Prepare and hold webinars or talks at events (purely technical content)
You will be reporting to the respective project and team managers as well as to the Group Lead of Engineering in Switzerland.
- You are experienced with electronic product design (5+ years)
- You used CAE tools, ideally Altium Designer
- You focus on delivering high quality results
- You did designs using Arm based processors, ideally Cortex-A based systems
- You are a good team player and interested to work directly with product managers and other stakeholders
- You have good English skills, written and spoken (upper intermediate or higher)
- You are agile and motivated to work in a global company which kept its start-up spirit
What's in it for you
- Ability to work on challenging, large and complex product
- Learn new things every day, work on the latest technologies
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with your team and manager in Switzerland
- Business trips