Ciklum is a Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you'll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!
Ciklum is looking for a Head of Data Management Unit to join Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
This is a unique opportunity for a candidate looking to be a part of a growing business in the software engineering industry.
This role will lead a team of market leading specialists.
The perfect candidate would be a proactive and high-performance leader with proven managerial experience, able to deliver to challenging deadlines in a fast-paced environment, with experience in building a world class data solutions and products to service multiple clients across varied industries.
- Develop, maintain and regularly update technical expertise (Data Engineering and Big Data) and ensure a consistent approach to tracking of deliverables’ quality across reporting team;
- Lead the team of engaged talents, ensure high performance and continuous development in compliance with Ciklum processes (e.g. workforce planning, hiring, onboarding, performance management, evaluation, retention, etc); support timely internal rotation and bench management;
- Drive solutions, products and accelerators creation within own domain in alignment with other functional disciplines;
- Ensure outcomes from the team are communicated internally and recognised on the global arena; drive educational and knowledge sharing events;
- Provide expert technical advice and guidance on Data Engineering related matters to internal and external clients, bearing on the successful use of complex products and services;
- Support Global Solution Leaders (in scope of sale and pre-sale teams) and help customers clarify their requirements, contribute to preparing and supporting bids and sales proposals;
- Providing Architecture input to pre-sales activities;
- Participate in projects and deliver high end data solutions as a leading expert;
- Ensure Data solutions / products are embedded into all Ciklum Digital offerings;
- Translate Ciklum strategy and provide ongoing business updates within reporting team and if needed address possible concerns;
- Ensure team organisational effectiveness e.g. via maintaining healthy seniority mix.
- 7+ years in Engineering or Technology roles
- 4+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, Data Tech Lead, Solution Architect, Data Warehouse Architect or Big Data Architect
- 2+ years of hands-on technical management experience;
- Recent experience in the delivery of large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams;
- Ability to assess and report technical debt, compliance, and other risks;
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate into technical solutions;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication including superior presentation skills and proven ability to work effectively at all organizational levels.
What's in it for you
- Being a part of a growing business in the software engineering industry;
- Working in a creative and dynamic team environment;
- Opportunity to work with the latest technologies on the market;
- Long-term employment with 20 working days paid vacation and other social benefits.
Client video presentation