Ciklum is looking for a Head of Data Science Unit to join our team on a full-time basis.
This is a unique opportunity for a candidate looking to be a part of a growing business in the software engineering industry.
This role will lead a team of 10+ market-leading specialists at the start and grow the unit further.
The perfect candidate would be a proactive and high-performance leader with proven managerial experience, able to deliver to challenging deadlines in a fast-paced environment, with experience in building world-class data solutions and products to service multiple clients across varied industries.
- Develop, maintain and regularly update competency model and ensure a consistent approach to tracking of deliverables’ quality across reporting team
- Drive solutions, products and accelerators creation within own domain in alignment with other functional disciplines
- Ensure results of the Data and Analytics team are communicated internally and recognised on the global arena; drive educational and knowledge sharing events
- Provide expert technical advice and guidance on Data & Analytics related matters to internal and external clients, bearing on the successful use of complex products and services
- Support presale teams and help customers clarify their requirements, contribute to preparing and supporting bids and sales proposals
- Participate in projects and deliver high end data solutions as a leading expert or solution architect
- Translate Ciklum strategy and provide ongoing business updates within reporting team and if needed address possible concerns
- Lead the team of engaged talents, ensure high performance and continuous development in compliance with Ciklum processes (e.g. workforce planning, hiring, onboarding, performance management, evaluation, retention, etc); support timely internal rotation and bench management
- Ensure team organisational effectiveness e.g. via maintaining healthy seniority mix
- 7+ years in Engineering or Technology roles
- 5+ years of experience in data science, machine learning, with a proven track record of leveraging analytics to drive significant business impact
- 3+ years of hands-on technical management experience
- Recent experience in the delivery of large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Econometrics, or related field
- Excellent interpersonal and communication including superior presentation skills and proven ability to work effectively at all organizational levels
- Ability and desire to lead competency development in data science
What's in it for you
- Being a part of a growing business in the software engineering industry
- Working in a creative and dynamic team environment
- Opportunity to work with the latest technologies on the market
- Long-term employment with 20 working days paid vacation and other social benefits